Fields swapped when playing back DVD on DVDmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fields swapped when playing back DVD on DVDmax

Does anybody else experience swapped fields on the TV when playing back an interlaced DVD movie? The effect looks like some weird "stuttering" when there is noticeable, not too random movement on the screen.

I first noticed it when watching the El Hazard TAW intro, but it also happens with other interlaced DVDs I have. It doesn't seem to happen with PAL video, just NTSC - and YES, I did set the TV out to the correct video standard. If I set the TV out to PAL and play back an interlaced NTSC DVD I get something you could best describe as magnified interlace stripes, those scenes are the ones that "stutter" with NTSC.

It happens with both Cinemaster (various versions) and PowerDVD, so I think it's a problem of the G400 drivers (5.52.015).

If you're playing region 1 titles out to a PAL tv, then what you are seeing is normal. We do not support PAL60. If we do support this one day, your tv would also have to support PAL60.

Haig

Comment

It could also happen with certain Region 2 titles (Japan is RC2 but uses NTSC), but as I'm using an RGB cable the fact that my TV is a PAL TV should not matter. The problem is even visible when I'm using composite NTSC, even though my TV will reproduce that as a b&w image, so I think it should also show up on a genuine NTSC TV.

No need for PAL60 here...

[This message has been edited by Ingo Korb (edited 17 April 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X