My G400 is sharring its Irq !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G400 is sharring its Irq !

My G400 is sharring irq 9 with 4 other things. My SB Live, modem and two usbs.

How can I change the G400 irq when the auto configure tick box is shaded gray. I have irqs 2, 7, 10, 11 & 12 free.

I'm using Win2000Pro and all the latest drivers.
    Cheers,

archangle

Not to worry. Win2000 sets this up automatically. If everything works fine, nuthin' to worry about.

------------------
    Gateway G6-400 - Intel 440bx Tabor mobo w/ Intel PIII 550, 256mb RAM, Matrox G400 SH, onboard Ensoniq AudioPCI sound chip, Epson Perfection 1200U Scanner and Windows 2000 Professional
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

Hi archangle,

This is very normal under win2k. What is happening is that your motherboard supports ACPI, and win2k is using ACPI to deal with IRQ's on it's own. So, under device manager all Busmastering devices will share the same IRQ. This is nothing to worry about if everything is running fine.

Rags

Comment

Cheers for the info cputnam & Rags.

Dont suppose you know how to disable VSync in Win2000Pro, the reg key is different to win98 and I don't know where to go.
        Cheers,

archangle

Comment

Working...
        X