Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K boot failure with G400Max on K7M

Hi all.

I have a Matrox G400Max running in an Athlon/K7M system. I had the problem that the first couple of boot attempts after the computer had been off for some time failed - the computer froze with a garbled screen just when the Windows98 desktop was to appear. This problem could be solved with the ForceAGP2x.reg PowerDesk5-registry hack.

Now I installed Windows2000 and guess what: same problem. I wanted to apply this registry hack also to W2K but had to realize that the Powerdesk registry structure in W2K is different from Win98.

Could anyone please supply me with a modified ForceAGP2x.reg suitable for PowerDesk5.03 for Windows2000???

Please also reply to my email. Thanks.

Fozzie

If you send post your email address I can send you a program that forces AGPx2 under WIN 2000
    What do you want a signature for?

Comment

My email address is: fozziethebear@uni.de
      Looking forward to receiving the proggie.
      Thanks a lot!

Fozzie

Comment

I want it too

Comment

Okay, you should have the utility by now.

Comment

Hi guys:

The problem is solved. Forcing my G400Max to AGP2x did the trick, as expected.
            AVP had posted the how-to in another thread. All I had to do was to change KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Service s\G400\Device0\Mga.AGPFlags from "01 01 00 00" (1x) to "00 00 00 00" (2x). No more garbled screen after a cold start.

Cheers,
            Fozzie.

BTW: Damien, that program you sent me didn't seem to do anything??

Comment

To be honest I've never tried the program myself, I downloaded as a just in case measure. I'm sorry that it doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Working...
              X