Old MAX vs New MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old MAX vs New MAX

I just bought a new MAX. I also have, in another computer, one of the first MAXs shipped. I noticed that the Fan/heatsink is different than before. The new MAX has a plastic fan and is built in Ireland. The old one has a different-appearing fan and was built in Canada. I understand the new MAXs are AGP 4x enabled and the older ones aren't. Are there any other differences?

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 11 April 2000).]

I don't know, but take a screenshot for us!

------------------
    G400 on a G400
    What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Take a snapshot of the actual card, and post
      it somewhere

------------------
      G400 on a G400
      What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Sorry, I don't have the knowledge/capability to post a snapshot.

Comment

The reason why the fans are different is because the original fans on G400 Max's had the tendancy to stop working - leading to overheating problems etc. Later cards shipped with a new style of fan, which hopefully solves the problem.

All G400's are AGP 4x compatible. However, the newer cards (with the 4A in the serial number) are actually able to take advantage of the extra bandwidth supplied by the 4x specification.

Apart from this I don't think there are any other differences between an old and new max.
          What do you want a signature for?

Comment

One thing that bothers me is there seems to be a lot more green on the Irish card than on the Canadian one.

Comment

that's because the irish cards are made with 3% clover whereas the canadian ones use a mixture of bacon and beer
              jim
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100 cas 2
              Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              and 384k DSL!

Comment

Bacon ehh?

Comment

I guess that explains the smell.....

Comment

very few of the cards shipped with the metal fans only... and it kind of scares me that you guys knows what burnt beer smells like

Comment

Working...
                    X