Jerky DVD picture G400 MAX with W98 SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerky DVD picture G400 MAX with W98 SE

Jerky DVD picture. Skipping frame each 5 seconds. Randomly, in 5-20 second intervals (approximately). Sometimes longer intervals withour jerking, sometimes several jerks within a couple of seconds.Most noticeable when the screen is panning but also on scenes with less activity.Lots of DVD movies have been played (regonal 1), they were all doing the same .
    I'm using DIVICORE Matrox Dvd Player v.1.0 which is came with the G400 card .

Matrox Graphic Model #: Matrox Millennium G400 MAX
    PD version: 5.52.015
    MGA Bios version: 1.5-22
    Display Driver: 4.12.01.1520
    Mini-VDD: 4.12.01.1520
    Direct draw/direct3d driver: 4.12.01.1520
    Motherboard chipset: Epox KP6-BS Intel 440BX AGPset.
    CPU: PIII 500 MHZ (NOT OVERCLOCKED)
    Memory: 256 MB (2 DIMM)
    power supply : 250 W
    Motherboard Bios: Award PnP BIOS Flash .UP TO DATE (LATEST)
    Desktop resolution and color depth: 1024x768 true color 32 bit(Problem also occurs on 1024 x 768 16 bit and 800x600, both 16 and 32-bit colours)
    Direct X version: 7.0 A
    Hard Drive: IBM DJNA-370910 (no DMA icon or box is in the device manger)
    Controlor card type: (ULTRA DMA 66) HPT-366 ULTRA DMA CONTROLOR "Epox EP-USB66" BIOS up to date.(DVD PLAYER NOT HOOKED TO IT , JUST THE HARDDISK)
    Sound card and driver version: CREATIVE SB LIVE! DRIVER VERSION 4.06.711
    Monitor brand: DELL D1626HT 21" TRINITRON
    DVD-ROM Drive (make/model): TOSHIBA SD-M1202. No drivers needed for this dvd."Toshiba web site" frameware version 1020 (DMA IS ENABLED)
    IrQ : an irq 11 is assigned to the card, bus mastering is enabled for the card, and the card is not sharing its irq with anyone.
    Graphics hardware accelration is set to full.
    No wall papers or desktop thems on my windows disktop.
    Z buffer is enabled ( i tried with out it and the problem still there)
    Bios set up:
    - PCI/VGA Palette Snoop - Disabled
    - Video ROM BIOS Shadow - Disabled
    - Video RAM Shadow - Disabled
    - C8000 - DFFFF - All memory Disabled.
    - AGP Aperture Size - 128- (I tried 256 and the problem still there)
    Video Memory Cache Size - UC
    - Assign IRQ to VGA - YES

( I tried the opposite in the Bois setting "all of the above " and nothing has changed i still have the jerkinees and skippy pictures. I need some assistance please.

------------------
    Moussa
    Moussa

Hmmmm...DVD set to Master?
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Yes. It is the master Drive .

------------------
      Moussa
      Moussa

Comment

Hi Wissam,

if you read my post titled "W2000, DVD jerking, G400, help?", you'll see that I have the exact same problem with region 2 DVD. (Your text seems familiar, a cut-paste from my posting at http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000189.html ?

I discussed this with Matrox techs, but they said that they offer _real_ support only for W98 + bundled DVD player. I tried everything they tried in the link above.

Since you have W98 and Matrox's own player, maybe you should go to Matrox tech forum and ask? Just continue the thread so we'll both may get a solution to this DVD problem... After all, we have different configuration except for the Matrox card so it seems this is G400 -related.

Comment

Hi Jaka,
          Thanks for the info. I will post my problem in the Matrox web site. Indeed, i read your priveous post on the matrox web site and it was very help full ,but nothing worked out . I wish we could find a slotion to this problem!

------------------
          Moussa
          Moussa

Comment

Hey Guys, I am noticing similar problems with my g400 max. However my problems seem less severe. Usually I can only see stuttering or dropped frames during panning. I have noticed this problem on certain DVD's. In the "Matrix" during the fight scene there is a lot of panning but I don't really notice any dropped frames. But I watched a movie with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere it dropped frames on many of the panning scenes. I know that early DVD's had these exact problems but I have seen lots of DVD's on a stand alone player and I never saw any of this stuff. I'm using DVD player that came with the G400. I hope someone can help us with this problem good luck.

P3 500 @560mhz
            128 meg ram
            asus p2b scsi
            toshiba 6x dvd
            9.1 gig scsi h.d.
            g400max

Comment

Hey Guys, I am noticing similar problems with my g400 max. However my problems seem less severe. Usually I can only see stuttering or dropped frames during panning. I have noticed this problem on certain DVD's. In the "Matrix" during the fight scene there is a lot of panning but I don't really notice any dropped frames. But I watched a movie with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere it dropped frames on many of the panning scenes. I know that early DVD's had these exact problems but I have seen lots of DVD's on a stand alone player and I never saw any of this stuff. I'm using DVD player that came with the G400. I hope someone can help us with this problem good luck.

P3 500 @560mhz
              128 meg ram
              asus p2b scsi
              toshiba 6x dvd
              9.1 gig scsi h.d.
              g400max

Comment

P3 500 @560mhz
                128 meg ram
                asus p2b scsi
                toshiba 6x dvd
                9.1 gig scsi h.d.
                g400max

Comment

P3 500 @560mhz
                  128 meg ram
                  asus p2b scsi
                  toshiba 6x dvd
                  9.1 gig scsi h.d.
                  g400max

Comment

P3 500 @560mhz
                    128 meg ram
                    asus p2b scsi
                    toshiba 6x dvd
                    9.1 gig scsi h.d.
                    g400max

Comment

Holy COW!!!! Talk about multi posting!!! lol.

Dimitri
                      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

A cramp in mouse finger, sr71?

The logical following step would be to get a DVD that is verified to be ok and play it (Bug's Life?). But hey, guess if I want to buy or even rent DVD's if I can't get them to work properly? I watched the only movie i have yesterday and I had jerking every five or ten seconds. It looked a bit like turning DVD DMA off.

So here we are, three otherwise different computer configurations except for G400, and similar problems. Arrrrrgh

Screw you guys, I'm going home...

Comment

I was disapointed from the Matrox help desk. It seems that they do not know anything . Anyways, I'm thinking to get rid of the G400 max and get me one of those Geforce cards . It seems like i wasted my money buying a $250 video card that can not play Dvd!!! I'm not really satsfied from what i'm getting from the G400 Max. PROVE ME IF I'M WRONG PLEASE!!!

------------------
                          Moussa
                          Moussa

Comment

Hi Wissam, please read my latest post at http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000189.html

It seems that at least with my system, subtitling has a lot to do with these stutters we are seeing.

Comment

I had a similar problem. I solved it by two different methods. The best solution was to use WinDVD instead of Cinemaster. The other and less desirable) solution was to buy a DVD card from Creative Labs. I got a significantly better picture with WinDVD. Works great.
                              http://www.intervideo.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X