Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dual head only works in clone mode, WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual head only works in clone mode, WTF?

i have a brand new G400 MAX with the latest drivers(5.52) and dual head works perfectly in clone mode but not at all in any of the others.

i'm thinking that its software.
    can anyone offer an answer(or a place to find an answer)

any help thanked for in advance

davo

That's bizzare. I've got a vanilla G400 with the 5.52 drivers that is doing dual head DVDMax to my TV just fine.

What OS are you running? W95 cannot do two desktops with dual head, but it can do dual head clone & DVDMax. W98 does allow dual head for 2 desktops. I assume you are not using NT4/W2K because you are using the 5.52 drivers.

Comment

Hi davo,

If you are running Windows98 you might try checking the box that says "Extend Desktop to Second Monitor".

Rags

Comment

I personally have no problems with my new g400max and the 5.52 drivers, except openGL (I have a via chipset, so I may have to resort to 5.30, or use the delete-gart trick, but I haven't bothered yet).

Are you trying to use the other modes properly? I know it took me a little while to figure out how to use the others. Clone is the only mode that comes on as soon as you turn it on under the "dual head" tab.

Multi-display requires reboot before it comes on, but should work for you after rebooting.

DVDMax mode only comes on if you are running the matrox DVD player.

Zoom only comes on if you activate it with a hotkey (configured by hitting the "zoom options" button, then "hotkeys", or use the matrox quickdesk to set one up. once you hit the zoom hotkey (I use ctrl-shift-z) your mouse pointer will change.. click-drag an area you want zoomed.

Good luck,
        Matt

Comment

I seem to keep buying and selling second monitors, and the latest one only does 60Hz at 1024x768, so clone mode is no fun anymore.
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

sorry,forgot that bit.

win98se is the os. i've tried all the options mentioned so far.

i got it too work in zoom mode(forgot to set the hotkeys

it just refuses to work in multidisplay. i've tried it with two different moniutors and a tv.

davo

Comment

Working...
            X