Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me....................

Can someone help me outthere ????
    I have a G400 DH with a Abit BE6-ii. When i set my resolution lower than 1024x768 and lower than 32-bits, i get pink dots on my screen. I read, in this forum that it happened with some of you too. Now is my question, Can this be solved ?? Or, is there a graphic card which is better than the G400 DH and don't gives so much trouble.........

I have to say that everything worked fine with my old MOBO. After the change of the MOBO things only get worse.

I tried everything, okay i get a tip from someone who says to put the SDRAM LEADOFF COMMAND to 4. But i can't reach higher than 3, though i can only choose from 2 or 3. So i really don't know to put that one on 4.

Strange enough do i miss in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\servic es\class\display\0001\settings....
    After settings i have three maps with CPU, Monitor and Video Parameters. But i think i'm missing GDI and Engine ????
    (0000 was the ATI-128 Card and is removed now)

Ok, my screen was first full of pink/purple stripes and after using the PD5regHacks (AGP2x). The stripes were gone,but the screen only turns better after setting it to a 32-bit and 1024 x 768 !!! Still i'm seeing pink/purple dots and this is very annoying..............

PLEASE HELP ME AND I HOPE THAT THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, DEF

ATI drivers are like a virus if you don't fully uninstall properly. If the ATI is still taking up \0000, then the drivers where not fully uninstalled. Boot into safe mode. Remove ALL video devices from device manager. Get it running in basic VGA, with no other video references (get std. VGA in \0000).

Include searching your registry for any ref to the ATI drivers. Look through your .inf files and remove anything ATI.

In addition, how did you handle the change of mobo? Did you remove the old drivers for the old mobo first, start from scratch (fresh format), or do nothing except install the new mobo? There could be drivers from the old mobo still hanging around messing with things.

While in safe mode, look for duplicate/errant devices of any kind. Get rid of them. Devices will often show up in safe mode that don't show in normal mode. If you want to go all out (without going as far as fomat c:..), remove every single device listed in device manager while in safe mode, and build the drivers up from scratch when you reboot.

You should also check for a BIOS update for your mobo. It may add the timing options you need if there is a newer version...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

DEF92,

You have just reallllly pissed me off hard. You started one thread, I gave you the suggestion. Instead of replying to the thread you started in the first place, you start another thread....so I replied to that thread again. NOW, you start ANOTHER THREAD? DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I have already given you a suggestion. Why not have a look at your OTHER THREADS...now I feel better.

Rags

Comment

I'm going with Rags on this one.
        I had not noticed this is the third nearly identical thread you've posted.

Keep it in one thread, and we can help better. It's not gonna do you any good to have three separate threads...

Pick a thread, and go with it.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi I had the same problem a few months ago, and fixed by changing the SDRAM LEADOFF COMMAND. I saw your posts and in that you tried changing it, but instead of the leadoff command you tried changing

Sorry guys, but i don't get !!! To do it right I have to put SDram Leadoff command to 4 instead of 3. But when i look in de BIOS, i see the following starting with SDRAM :
          RAS 2 CAS Delay = 3
          RAS Precharge time = 3
          Cas latency time = 3
          Do i have to put them all to 4 of just 1 ???
          So it's pretty normal you can't get those up to 4. So I checked my bios, wich I flashed 2 weeks ago (but there is already a newer one I think) and couldn't find the SDRAM LEADOFF COMMAND. (maybe I was to stoned to see it)
          So it seems abit removed it in later versions of there bios. (am I glad a changed it before I flashed it)
          So you could trying flashing your bios to an older version to see wich ones still have the leadoff command option, not that I would recommend this, but it's worth a shot.
          -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Hi Moleman,

So, basically, do what I told him to do in his second thread, right?

Rags

Comment

Yes, you are absolutely right
              -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Working...
              X