New NT4 4.45 drivers have win2k 5.03 ICD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NT4 4.45 drivers have win2k 5.03 ICD

The same file (g400icd.dll, size 1.929.216 bytes), diferent versions reported. Tried it in win2k and it´s the same thing (even the flashing Q3 marks in the wall are there).

Don´t know if there is a pattern here, but since February 25, is this the most recent NT ICD build they got?

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 04 April 2000).]

That ICD is the best I've seen for the win2K platform. The only bugs I see with that ICD is graphical artifacts on stairs and edge of lightbeams at certain angles. Upping the z-buffer to 32bit doesn't fix the artifacts.
    And the shadows like your shadow looks grilled. Unlike the artifacts in quake2 with the ICD in NT4, these are very minor and don't effect gameplay at all.

But I still have to wonder if my crashing to the desktop problem is in the ICD

Overall the ICD are very good and best there is at this time.

Comment

I´ve got no stability problems whatsoever with the ICD. I think it´s very robust, I can even alt-tab with other applications and return to the game and it still runs and exits fine. I can make it crash, but I have to open Unreal Tournament (direct3d) and two quake2 processes. And the os takes care of the crash, I just terminate the processes and all runs fine.

At this time I could use a little more performance. Win98 ICD is much faster. Just to compare opengl performance, I get around 130 fps in quake2 timedemo1 640x480 and only 63 fps in win2k. Quake 3 performance is more leveled, but still lags behind.

Comment

Working...
      X