Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Module owners, I could use your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Module owners, I could use your help!

If you own one of these cards, or care at all about this issue, I could use your help. The following LONG post is here:
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000104.html

This is the 'official Matrox support forum site. Matrox TS has had their hands tied and their mouths gagged by higher ups, and need some good ol' fashioned power in numbers. Who else to call upon but my friends at the MURC.
    Please help guys.

The thread linked to above has been locked and a more organized appeal has been started at the link below. If you want to read my own long diatribe you can read up on it in the locked thread and then post in on the link below:
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000126.html

Post in and show some support if you agree that Matrox should continue to support this product.

If any of you want an E-mail address at Product Development, mine is in my profile, and I will gladly forward theirs to you.
    -------------
    EDIT: Jeez I'm long winded...if you want the whole sad story go get it here: This puppy is too long.
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000104.html

Thanks in advance, and keep the replies circumpsect, please.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 30 March 2000).]
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

My hand is raised.
    When the thing works, it is stunning. Thats why I am still torturing myself persevering with it.

Comment

LOL Brent.

I know what you mean.

Thanks
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

I have given up changing drivers for the G200. I am satisfied with the DVD output and the general video performance. Ever since the newest driver (at that time) didn't support the DVD module, I stopped upgrading. Are the newest drivers fine with the DVD card? Any other changes necessary to get the newest driver to work?

Comment

Agreed........

I have many(!) friends who have DVD players, and the only one which beats my G200 DVD module TVOUT (when the friggin drivers work) is a component out player. (My G200/HWMod looks better on TV and runs cleaner than one friends G400Max!) TVOUT on software blows goats. You do need a good 100hz TV to tell the difference.

The output of the hardware is truly fantastic, but the support from Matrox (yes, it was boxed as Matrox) is at the other end of the scale.

No more Matrox for me or my customers until it is FIXED!
          "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

Brian R.:

Here's the latest as I understand it. Confirm with CODS if you doubt my info (and you may!)

IF you are running Wintel stuff the latest (yes the VERY latest) PD5.52 and VT 1.52 support the module in W98.

If you are running SS7 the latest stable drivers are 5.25 with VT 1.51. SOME lucky suckers can get the 5.52/1.52 combo to work on SS7 but it totally depends on luck and an above average Ali chipset....with Via the 5.52 are NO GO if you want to run 3D. Purely for DVD the 5.52 worked for me to utilize the DVD module, but there wasn't any real difference for that purpose, so what's the point??

I'm running (since I'm an SS7 captive) on the 5.25 with VT 1.51 and running sweet. You do need to download the SDTweak utility on MURC's front page to keep the region change issue from biting you in the butt though.

Matrox wise, if you can handle the region change issue with the undocumented hack (TweakSD) any 5.x driver should be at least testable on your system.

The problem is NOT the Drivers, though. It's the primitive, buggy little stripped down Zoran navigator code that's bundled with your card.

Check my link above on the official forum. It has been read, reviewed, and not contested by higher ups in Matrox, so you may at this point consider the information to be accurate, although purely my own 'take' on this issue.

Comment

Bixler, thanks for the update. I have seen this at one time or another, but am usually too busy to follow through and update my drivers. The G200 is in my second computer and is not used for much other than word processing and Powerpoint. By the way, I am totally Wintel with Win98 in a Dell XPS-R450.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm an almost happy SS7 user. I managed to get the whole thing up and running at first try. My specs: MillG200+RRG+DVD+TVO+PD541+VT152+W98.
                Yes, I agree with those who say the quality is superb. I've never seen a razor sharp picture like that. Only that stupid navigator, that sux... And the lack of digital out feature with my combo ((
                Chris

Comment

Ganyaik:

No E-mail addy, so I'm hoping you'll check back. Post in here: Matrox is listening. there is power ONLY in numbers!
                  http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000126.html

Comment

Up

Deal with it guys...even if this thread pisses you off, I'm gonna keep it up.

BTW, most of the support posts have been from here, so thanks anyway.

Comment

Bixler,
                      Done. BTW does anyone use the same combo that I'm using(G200+RRG+DVD)?

Comment

Lotsa those out there.

The most active poster with your config on this issue here at MURC is CODS.

Comment

Hi Bixler,
                          Ok I'll try them. I have this stupid DIGITAL OUT problem which really bothers me, and I'm just curious whether it can be solved.
                          Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X