G450? when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450? when?

Is there any information when the G450 boards will appear? I need a new videocard (G200 keeps giving errors and crashes with my DV500) and I don't know if I should buy a G400max now or wait (max a couple of weeks) for a G450. Would a G450 be a big performance improvement compared to a G400max? or rather something like the difference between a G400 and G400MAX?

I didn't have time lately to keep up with all the latest news :-( Pointers to press releases or more info are welcome.

Thanks on advance
    BC547

There are no press releases.
    Matrox has not announced any new cards lately.
    G450 is just a rumor at this point.
    If you can't wait more than a couple of weeks, get the Max. I doubt they would announce AND release a card that fast. Maybe in a couple of months something new will be out, but not weeks....
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Matrox needs to be quicker than "months". The DDR Geforces have been out for a couple of months now and its about time for Matrox to partially catch up.

I'm hoping that the reason they haven't released the G450 is that they are dropping it entirely and going straight to the G800 (Condor II). Sort of like AMD just dropping the K6-3+ and going straight to Spitfire/T-bird.

It would be nice if Matrox would be a little more forthcoming with information than AMD is. I'm not trying to flame Matrox here - just encouraging them to give us some information now that the Condor is out of the bag.

RAB
      AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

id called them throughout feb and early march and got a late march early april date from them repeatedly....calling this week they say 'i dont know what youre talking about, we've never heard of such a thing, noones mentioned a 'g450' at matrox' so i guess something happened....god i hate that...ive been holding off myself for two months and now noone knows anything suddenly over there....

btw, i too have a dv500 and dont think a g400max will clear up the problems...the dv500 has more bugs out of the gate then the g-series usually does...at least make sure you download the dv500 1.1 update..

[This message has been edited by imemine (edited 01 April 2000).]
        gg

Comment

Working...
        X