I did a search and no Solution to this widley reported problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a search and no Solution to this widley reported problem

I had those on my first G400 SH 32MB, ended up taking the card back and getting another one. Now my roommate's SH 32MB is doing the same thing, just started happening last night, he also is not overclocking, all PCI cards are not sharing IRQ's with any other hardware in the system and the card's heat sink is barely above room temperature to the touch. Sometimes it boots fine, and sometime's he gets those lines and the system crashes. I advised him to try reinstalling from scratch before he gets rid of the card. We'll see how that goes first.
    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

It's probably the power supply. The K7M is fairly good about what it accepts, but a good power supply SHOULD fix your problem.

Comment

I did a search and no Solution to this widley reported problem

VERTICAL LINES!
      My system
      K7 650
      ASUS K7M MB REV 1.04 C stepping 6
      133 mhz BRANDED Toshiba RAM 128meg
      G400 MAX
      Quantum KA HDD Udm 66
      PLextor CDR
      Creative DVD
      and ASUS 50X CDROM
      Creative AWE 64
      Creative DX3 DVD decoder card
      Nothing is over clocked and never has been. Im forcing AGP 1x via the reg hacks. Using the latest Matrox drivers (552) and latest AMD AGP port driver and VIA south bridge Drivers. My Power supply is 300W ATX AMD Approved. Super Bypass is disabled. Windows 98 FE, with service packs ect.
      IRQ's
      00 System TImer
      01 Keyboard
      02 Programable Interupt COntroler
      03 COmm 2
      04 Comm 1
      06 Floppy Drive
      07 AWE 64
      08 SYstem Cmos and Clock
      09 Hollywood Plus DVD card
      09 VIA TECH USB
      09 VIA TECH USB
      09 IRQ for PCI steering
      10 Adaptec SCSI controller (CDR)
      10 IRQ holder for PCI Steering
      11 G400 max
      11 IRC Holder for PCI steering
      12 Mouse
      13 Numeric Data Proccesor
      14 VIA Bus master PCI IDE controller
      14 Primary BUs Master controller
      15 VIA Bus master PCI IDE controller
      15 Primary BUs Master controller

I have follwed the instructions posted many times b4 about not having cards in slots next to AGP.

So ok this is a long post but i thought id be as comprehensive about my system as i could. Recently i started getting odd vertcal lines just b4 the computer gets into windows. These dont appear when i reboot, but then computer then uses VGA diagnostic mode and limits the desktop to ow res ect. so then if i reboot from that they appear again. So the i reboot go into diagnostic mode again and unistall the powerdesk and matrox drivers using unistall utility. The i reboot and reinstall and Widows boots no problem, but i have done this twice now in about a week. So any ideas what is causing it?. The same system excetp MB and Chip worked great with my old PII 400 and Asus P2B never had any problems with G400 then. And i have added nothing to it except the K7M and K7 650.
      Any and all help would be greatly appriciated

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X