This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 Marvel Video Tools problem

I've recently had to reinstall Win'98-SE on my system and found that I didnt back up my video drivers. I jumped onto Matrox's site and grabbed some of the drivers but PC-VCR hangs the system when I try to go to TV mode.
    Because of the fact that I have an Athlon I know that the latest drivers have problems with the chipset so I grabbed driver version 5.41 and Vidtools 1.52 and 1.50. Both 1.52 and 1.50 kill the system and I cant remember the magic combination of driver/vidtool to get it to work. Any help is much appreciated!

Win '98-SE
    Athlon 500 : MB= MSI MS-6195
    320 MB RAM
    Matrox Marvel-TV G200
    SB-Live!

Well, I guess telling on it made it decide to quit goofing off and start working! I just love machines with minds and moods of their own. B-)

Thanx anyway...

Comment

Panik:

It is my understanding that 5.41 with VT 1.51 is currently a workable combo for you. Matrox has acknowleged a problem with the 5.52's and VT 1.52 related to 3d apps on systems running VIA chipsets, and intend to fix this on the next release which is in the works.

If the above combo gives you trouble, 5.25 and VT 1.51 work for my SS7...Don't know about the Athlon MOBO's though.
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Relocated to the Desktop Video forum, home of all things video tool related....
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X