Marvel + Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel + Win2k

I am starting to get concerned! I emailed Matrox a few weeks ago about vidtools for win2k for my Matrox Marvel G200. I got a response saying that drivers/vidtools wil be out shortly for win2k. Well, where are they? It has been a month since win2k release and RC's have been out for months and months. Come on guys! I really like Matrox, but i wish you guys would not slack off so much w/ the drivers!!!

------------------
    (Eggplant, perpindicular corn flake)
    (Eggplant, perpindicular corn flake)

I think they should have them too, but:

The cards were not designed to support WIN2K. They are and Matrox is taking steps to correct any further issues. You sound like those people who whine about their two year old game not working with the new high end processor and the new exotix high end video card. Give it a rest.

The computer industry involves for the most part intellectual products. This means creativity is involved. You cnnot garuntee that something is going to come out at a given time especially for a previously unsupported OS. Any news of releases should be taken as we think so, but maybe not.

Also, just because they work for Matrox does not mean they get told the correct information. I have done Tech. We frequently have to figure it out on our own or are told the wrong thing. Go away.

Comment

Just to clarify:
      I do not work for Matrox or this site. I am just sick and tired of hearing complaints like this.

Comment

You're a twit High_Jumbllama. The guy expresses concern that his _not particularly old_ video solution will not work under W2k, and he can't get a definite answer on when it will, and you call him whiner.

Paul

Comment

I have to agree with nbot and PaulS on this one. It is not whining. And nothing is 'designed' to Win2k, why would any HW be designed to a particular OS?

The fact is:

- Win98 video editing programs often relies on the old VFW-standard, which in this day and age sux. Here I particulary think of the 2gig barrier.

- FAT32 supports AFAIK filesize's no higher than up to 4gig. Again a problem, when Video editing is the issue.

- Win98 has serious stability problems (And I'm not talking about when You're doing Your everyday editing in Word or another straight forward job, no it's when You really get out into the corners of Win98 it starts to go mad, showing off that blue screen thingy)

- Win2k has MUCH better protection against programs behaving badly or in other way's provoking the OS. Also the memory management of Win2k is much better (the more memory I give Win98, the worse it runs, unlike Win2k)

I hate not being able to record more than 15 min of descent quality video, without breaking the the capture into several files.

The minute I get Video Tools for Win2k, I'm gonna vaporise Win98 from my PC.
          I haven't done a single serious video editing job with my beloved Marvel in almost a year now. And why? Because I can't do the things I want in Win98, either for stability reasons or capability reasons. So my Marvel is just sitting there, getting older, not being used to it's fullest capability. And it's gonna stay that way, until I get my hands on some Video Tools for Win2k. It is sad, but it's how it is.

If nothing happends, I'll buy a PCI-capture card and a regular 3D card for gaming, and it will be the end of an otherwise beautyful friendship.

"We DO need the stinking tools"

Ghydda, praying 5 times a day...
          As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
          My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
          |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Working...
          X