DualHead w/ one monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualHead w/ one monitor

You guys probably already know this, but just in case you don't...

I have a monitor with BNC and D-SUB connectors. I was straightening out a few wires behind my computer when it dawned on me that I could hook up my other connector to the 2 monitor output. Woohoo! Dualhead without the hassle of two monitors. Of course, it has it's drawbacks, but it also has many pluses. Anyway, thought I'd mention it just in case noone has yet. I have this feeling that you've all known about it for months now and I'm just rounding the corner trying to catch up.

Dave

------------------
    I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Well, it must be really old news since noone has responded yet and it's been almost 24hours. Oh well, it's still cool

Dave

------------------
    I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Why'd you want ot do it. Just connect a monitor and two TV sets and you're fine (or a TV and VCR).
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Yes Dave, explain why you're doing that? What's the use of it? Does it give you a clearer image??

Jord.
        ------------
        Despite the mini in the name, I'm certainly not!
        When I chose to go out
        I always leave the light on
        when I have to stay in,
        you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
        now that I'm living on my own,
        and while they've never been more right,
        can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

I am assuming that he can toggle between the outputs at the flick of a button on his monitor. I haven't actually used dual-head on my machine, so I don't know a lot about it, but perhaps he could have a game running on one screen and his desktop on the other with things like his e-mail client running. If he heard the new mail signal, he could just hit a button and, without exiting the game, check his new mail. Many other possibilities, but this seems an obvious one.

Comment

Seems like a great solution for people running games like Everquest. What a retarded fricking program.
            I guess they just assume people use their computers solely for gaming

Edits: kant speel

[This message has been edited by DarkSyd (edited 27 March 2000).]
            Games Box
            --------------
            Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
            ------
            Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
            -------------
            Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Some people have been using the two monitor inputs just to get rid of the voodoo1/2's loop through cable. Anyway, why not do what is possible?

Regards, Alegria

------------------
              The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
              Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
              Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
              X