Refresh rate problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh rate problem

Since installing the G400, I've not been able to use all the refresh rates my monitor is capable of. No matter what resolution I choose, I am restricted to an 85hz refresh rate. That is the limit of my monitor at 1600x1200, but lower resolutions have much higher capabilies. My previous (TNT1) card gave me higher options. I've tried re-installing the driver for my monitor, but windows tells me I'm already using the latest driver.

Any ideas?

What OS are you using?

Rags

Comment

Sorry, win98SE

Comment

Well, if you are using any of the current drivers for your G400, then it's plain simple to select whatever refresh rate you want. You can even customize ALL of your display modes without actually switching and rebooting. Just goto display properties/settings/advanced/monitor settings/ Adjust current display mode or Adjust a different display mode, and customize away, it's all self explaining.

Rags

Comment

Which monitor are you using?

Jord.
          --------
          Despite the mini in the name, I'm no mini
          When I chose to go out
          I always leave the light on
          when I have to stay in,
          you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
          now that I'm living on my own,
          and while they've never been more right,
          can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

Rags,
            Thanks for the input... I know the Matrox software offers a lot of flexiblity in this area, and it's great that I can go in and do custom refresh rates, but I was hoping to avoid having to go into each display mode and program in a custom refresh rate. And honestly, I just didn't want to put in the effort to figure out what the front porch, back porch, etc. was, so I could feel like I had the right settings. I just wish it would pull the correct figures from my monitor's .inf file so I could leave things at optimum, then have the option to fine tune after that if desired. I guess I'll have to save it for another day when I've got time to play!

Jord, it's a CTX PR960F, which is their 19" FD trinitron.

Comment

Darin,

You don't have to worry about all those settings, you can just drag down the standard refresh rates, it took me under a minute to set all of my rates.

------------------
              Which one is Floyd, and why isn't he Pink??

Comment

It's worth the tedium of going through all the resolutions you use and setting the refresh rate and centering you want (don't bother with all that 'back porch/catflap stuff - just keep it on basic settings). Once you've done it you can use the 'save customisation' button to make a monitor customisation file that you can use in the future if you ever re-install drivers or windows.

Comment

Working...
                X