Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Audio Through BOB

I'm beginning to think I have a bad BOB
    connector box. Video quality is excellent with my G400TV, but no audio is outputted from the box.

I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, have the connector box Audio IN wire plugged into my sound card correctly. If I use the SAME soundcard output jack (Primary Speaker Out) and bypass the BOB Unit, running the wires directly from the soundcard to the TV or VCR, the sound works just fine. Put that blue box in the equation and I get nothing.

This is not rocket science. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there any way to tell if my BOB Unit is bad?

Open your PC/VCR remote prior to playback. Select "line" and close PC/VCR and you should then get sound output from your BOB.
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Thank you very much. That worked! I don't know why that isn't in the documentation.
      Now that I have sound, would you happen to know any tricks how to turn up the volume?
      Using the DualHead DVD Max configuration, I do get sound, but BARELY. I have to turn up the volume on the TV Set so high, I basically hear the static 'hum' of the TV more than the sound from the DVD. Even my PC Speakers need to be turned up to a higher level when I play a DVD vs. the level of what the typical Windows .wav files sound like.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Glad to help.

Yeah, you're as far as you can go now...I have that same problem too.

I just crank up my speaker system on my comp as well and IMAGINE that I have THX.

Seriously...if I had a decent amp on my TV (outboard, of course) it wouldn't matter. Loss through all the connections is my guess.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
        X