The 8mg upgrade for the G200 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 8mg upgrade for the G200 ??

I read a post that said it's almost worse if you have the 8mg upgrade? Is that true?

Yup.
    Putting that module on a G200 will not speed up anything (except maybe the 8 and 16meg AGP tests in 3dmark).
    The only advantage is being able to run a higher color depth at max resolution.
    It will hamper the cards ability to overclock, and possibly make it unstable in general.
    Many of the upgrade modules out there are not genuine Matrox parts. If you end up with one of those (like I did), there is a good chance it's not going to work properly. Mine gave me strange artifacts on my desktop. Many people have seen the same thing. I promply returned mine to the store I bought it at, and settled for 8meg...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It was me who posted that topic. I was happy to know that it wouldn´t help to upgrade memory. I saved money. Eh eh.

------------------
      Remember folks:
      "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers"
      Pablo Picasso

Comment

It was me who posted that topic. I was happy to know that it wouldn´t help to upgrade memory. I saved money. Eh eh.

------------------
        Remember folks:
        Pablo Picasso

Comment

------------------
          Remember folks:
          Pablo Picasso

Comment

------------------
            Remember folks:
            Pablo Picasso

Comment

------------------
              Remember folks:
              Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
              X