DVD capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD capabilities

Is Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32Mb MAX capable of showing DVD movies without any additional software? I mean, if I've got a DVD-ROM player and Matrox G400, is it enough to watch DVD movies?

Thank you!

If you have the full retail version, than yes you can watch dvd movies, provided you have a dvd rom. But I actually went the extra mile and added and Hollywood + decoder card. Much better for the cpu. Plus I can watch dvds on my tv while still maintaining multidisplay mode.

------------------
    Abit BP6 Dual Celeron 366@550
    256MB PC-100 RAM
    G400 32mb MAX DH Mode
    Voodoo2 with hacked win2k drivers
    Hollwood + dvd decoder
    20.5 GB IBM HD Win2K Pro Swap Drive
    9.1 GB IBM Hd Win2K Adv. Server Swap Drive
    10.0 GB IBM HD Win98SE Swap Drive
    20.5 GB IBM Internal Seconday Drive for file storage.
    Toshiba SR-8485 6X DVD-Rom
    HP 7200i CD-RW
    SBLive! Platinum.
    Netgear 310TX 10/100
    Ethernet card
    Cable Modem connection. (I hated the DSL 384k dl. I hit 350k average day when everone is on, and 625 at night EVERY day with cable modem! Slowest I've gotten on very busy time is 160K.)

Abit BP6 Dual Celeron 366@550
    256MB PC-100 RAM
    G400 32mb MAX DH Mode
    Voodoo2 with hacked win2k drivers
    Hollwood + dvd decoder
    20.5 GB IBM HD Win2K Pro Swap Drive
    9.1 GB IBM Hd Win2K Adv. Server Swap Drive
    10.0 GB IBM HD Win98SE Swap Drive
    20.5 GB IBM Internal Seconday Drive for file storage.
    Toshiba SR-8485 6X DVD-Rom
    HP 7200i CD-RW
    SBLive! Platinum.
    Netgear 310TX 10/100
    Ethernet card
    Cable Modem connection. (I hated the DSL 384k dl. I hit 350k average day when everone is on, and 625 at night EVERY day with cable modem! Slowest I've gotten on very busy time is 160K.)

Comment

You get a software DVD player in the bundle when you buy the Matrox G400 so you do not need any extra software. If you buy the OEM version of G400 it is possible that you will not get any DVD software. If that is the case you can easily download trail versions of different DVD players from the net. Just search for WinDVD, PowerDVD or Cinemaster.

Btw, I assume you already have a soundcard. Otherwise it is a good idea to get one.

Skyflyer

Comment

Working...
      X