Mystique/RR + G400 Max on AliV chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystique/RR + G400 Max on AliV chipset

This combo is not working too well on my Win98 machine. Before I go ahead with both cards in place as a perminant feature - I want to ask some advice. The G400 has just gone into this system to replace a VoodooII. I want to use this as a good second gaming PC for when friends come over. The Mystique will be this PCs primary card as I use it for casual video capture.

What versions of the drivers should I use and which powerdesk? The RR requires a version 4 powerdesk. The G400 wants a version 5. Does Win98 give each card its own powerdesk in a dual vga system - or is it reliant on the vendors drivers to sort everything out?

Sorry about the lenght of the post...

You might want to ask this question in the Desktop Video forum, where all the RainbowRunner pros hang out...

My first inclination would be to load the 4.x drivers and Powerdesk for the Mystique first, then just the 5.x drivers (NOT Powerdesk) for the G400...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 21 March 2000).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks - I'll repost there.

Comment

Working...
      X