Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bongo is confused about G400 multidisplay

Hi,

1: Why can't I view a DVD movie on my second monitor whem multidisplay is engaged? All I get is a black screen where the movie should be when I drag the dvd player over to the 2nd monitor. But it plays ok on the first monitor.

2: How do I instruct the G400 as to which monitor is the #1 or #2 monitor in multidisplay? Currently my Viewsonic is #1 and Samsung #2, is there a painless way to switch them around?

thanks

------------------
    "the horror....the horror..."

ABit BE6 II w/ Pentium3 500mhz
    Maxtor udma66 14 gig, Maxtor udma33 8 gig (both 7200rpm)
    Matrox G400 DH max
    Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500

19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
    19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
    ACK 580 crdless k/b and mouse
    Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
    Pioneer DVD 114 10x
    one big case fan and standard retail CPU cooling from Intel

As I understand it, the HAL necessary for DVD playback on the second head is not implemented in the drivers. Kruzin's hinted that it is coming in the future, but is not a top priority.

You can't change which output on the card is which. If you want the 360Mhz RAMDAC driving the Samsung, you'll have to plug the monitor into the primary display port. Under Windows 98, you CAN arrange the monitors logically by dragging them around in the Settings window of the Display Control Panel. If your Samsung is on the right, and your Viewsonic is on the left, and you want your Samsung as primary, simply "drag" the picture of the 1 monitor to the right side of the 2 monitor.

Just my $0.02
    The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
    The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
    The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

1. G400 does not support overlays (like most DVD players) on an extended desktop.

2. Switch off the computer, and swap the vga plugs around. Head1 is driven by the main ramdac on the G400 chip, head2 is driven by the ramdac on the maven chip. Nothing you do can change that. Head1 will always be primary.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thank you, so just to clear it up...the primary head on the back of the G400 card is on the right and the secondary is on the left? ( with the computer turned around and looking directly at the back of the computer where the videocard sits).

Its verk dark and scary back there, so I rarely look...but is there any other way to distinguish physically between the heads ...like is one head labelled "primary, stupid" and "secondary, stupid"?

thnks

Comment

The back of my card has two monitor pictures stamped into the bracked - one has a '1' inside the other a '2'.

My computer isn't brave enough to call me stupid to my face...
          PIII 550@605
          IWill Motherboard VD133
          VIA Chipset
          512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
          G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
          DirectX 8.0a
          SB Live! Value
          8x DVD (Toshiba)
          6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
          Intel Pro/100+ NIC
          3Com CMX Cable Modem
          Optiquest V95 19"