10 Gig IBM (7200)
    10BaseT (cable modem)
    17" MAG Monitor

Software:
    --------
    Windows98 SE
    DirectX 7.0a
    Matrox PD 5.52
    Latest TurboGL (AGP Apeture Size is 256)

HERE's MY PROBLEM
    -----------------
    I looks like textures are getting corrupted. What I mean by this is, when running the MATROX TECH DEMO, the landscape has flashing patches of lines instead of terrain. It only happens when Trilinear Filtering is used. I thought it was just the demo (which wouldn't make sense since it is suppose to highlight the card), but Unreal Tornament and a few other (Test Drive 6, Boarder Zone) have the same problem.

OpenGL Software (Quake III, Soldiers of Fortune Demo) works great, with no visual artifacts.

Here's What I've tried so far:

Completely Uninstalled Matrox Drivers (including search through register) and rebooted with VGA Adapter. I Re-installed DirectX7.0a (Note, I couldn't install an older version because the setup exited saying a newer version is already installed) and then re-installed the latest Matrox PowerDesk. No luck

Anyone have any Idea?

Thanks, in advance

------------------
    -B
    -B

Oh Yeah. I have a G400 MAX, AGP
    -B

Comment

Anyone?
      -B

Comment

Sounds like the Z-buffer problem ! (actually I don't know if it is a Z-buffer prob. but that's what it's "known as").

No way of curing it (at least not in UT). Haven't heard of it occuring in the Tech demo though. But about the Tech Demo highlighting the card :

Yes it should
        BUT
        It doesn't, on some systems you need to "handedit" config files, and on other systems it simply won't run at all.

Most likely cure for you problem seems like a new set of drivers coming out from the Matrox developers dungeons

Torben R.
        G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

I get the same thing in UT and WOT. As far as I know though, I'm using bi-linear filtering and 16 bit Z-buffer. The worst level is in UT, the CTF "facing worlds." I have brought this up to Greebe when he was online one time, but other bb's, please take note. Should we all submit this to matrox in a bug form or something?

Dimitri

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 20 March 2000).]
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Yes I think we shall, coz I saw that happen on several games, they all in DX, so the DX driver maybe causing the problem.
            Yuet

Comment

I did submit this to the Forum, at which the reply was:

" Changing your AGP aperture size to 256 will sometimes solve this. Also be sure that your AGP BUS is not being overclocked.

------------------
              Alex
              Matrox Graphics
              Technical Support Supervisor (Graphics) "

and

" Try removing your drivers, then shutdown, remove your card from the system and reinsert it without screwing it in. Then start the system and install the 5.30 and see if you still get the problem.

------------------
              Alex
              Matrox Graphics
              Technical Support Supervisor (Graphics)"

I haven't had the change to open up my box yet. I'll probably try that tonight.

Thanks you all for your responses.

------------------
              -B
              -B

Comment

Glad to know that BB's.

Hey boozer, good luck with that. I've tried the removing the card and different drivers thing. Didn't help. In fact I've tried it with every set of drivers I can find. I've also tried a whole crapload of AGP settings ranging from 4(?) to 2 gigs.... If you figure it out, let me know.

Dimitri

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 21 March 2000).]
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Didn't work for me either.
                  -B

Comment

Does any of this look familiar? http://home.clara.net/smiff/g400hl.htm

------------------
                    ASUS P3BF i440BX,Intel PIII 500, 128MB RAM,Fujitsu 13GB HD, Creative 48X CDROM, Matrox G400Max (PD ver 5.41/TGL),SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711),Liveware3.0,DX7.0, Linksys 16bit ISA NIC/cable internet, Viewsonic E790 19" monitor

Win98se ,ASUS P3BF ACPI 1006,Intel PIII 500 i440BX, 128MB RAM,Quantum Fireball 20.5GB and Fujitsu 13GB HDs, LG Electronics 52X CDROM, Matrox G400Max 6.04 BIOS 1.6.25,SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711),Liveware3.0,DX7.0, SMC 10/100 PCI NIC/cable internet, Viewsonic E790 19" monitor

Comment

The Texture Corruption look the same. Luckily, I'm not having all of those problems. I'll have to load half-life tonight and check.

Thanks for the link. I sent him my info.

Dave
                      -B

Comment

Working...
                      X