Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have an HP computer, and to be specific, it's an HP Pavilion 8495. People have had problems canceling out there intergrated mother board vid cards, but I just can't do it. I have tried jumpers and everything, someone please help I got the new matrox card, and I want to use it. HELP ME!!!

------------------
    Lyon
    Lyon

Hi there Andy,

I've been checking around for you, and found some usefull information here and general information about your system here on HP's USA site.

What I suggest you try is:
    • Install your G400 in your system.
    • Boot your system.
    • Go into your BIOS, and set the Primary Video Adapter in <u>Advanced Menu Settings</u> to AGP.
    • Save changes and exit.

Your G400 should be working now

Jorden.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 20 March 2000).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

BTW, it's a G400 max. I've been helping him try to get it set up.

The advanced settings are set to AGP, the jumpers on the board are set properly, but when the power is turned on the card isn't even recognized, just no activity on the monitor and the "video card is missing" beeps from the internal speaker. We have tried the g400 in another computer and it worked fine, we have also tried a tnt2 in the computer and it worked fine, so both the card and the agp slot seem fine.

thanks,

cody!

Comment

Is the BIOS still the original one, or did you guys by now flash it to 1.09??
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

if it's a dual head, be sure you're plugged into the right connector (the top one)
          PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
          128mb pc-100 cas 2
          Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
          Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
          SB Live!
          Winblows 98se & DX7
          and 384k DSL!

Comment

Try setting the AGP aperture size to 256meg. This is a known issue on some motherboards...they won't even see the card unless the aperture is cranked way up...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I don't see anywhere in the bios where changing the AGP aperture size is an option...

Comment

You're right about the AGP Aperture size which cannot be changed in earlier versions of that BIOS. But I think I read somewhere on the HP pages about what BIOS 1.09 (Condor 2) changes, and as far as I remember it did have Aperture Sizing in it.

I'll check later when I get home and link to it

Btw, for all you who are interested in what the possibilities of the BIOS are, click the first link I gave in my last answer

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

BIOS 1.09 and description
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                  X