uhm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uhm

you say the g800 would outperform the nvida yes ?
    wow
    a product that will come likely sept 2000 will outperform the geforce ddram that exists and is buyable since when ?

are we kidding around ?

and dont get me wrong i use my matrox g400 dual head, but in my eyes matrox moves by far too slow in the extremly fast 3d market.

when they release the g800 if it will be a hype it wont last long, as the new generation nvidas will arrive soon later.
    and than it will be again low in performance for logner time.

as voodoo 5 hype..
    i dont know if you were at cebit, but if you saw the voodoo 5 thre running slow like hell i think you may consider 3dfx from coming back.
    maybe just check a tomshardware comment from cebit or any other technical not 3dfx sponsored technical analyse of the 5000.

insteald of the g450 the g800 would have to come now or at least in summer. the 450 will be a tactic failure as it will be released quoted and tested as "new matrox product" which will still be inferior to the now month-old nvida.

of couse ill wait for g800 until it comes out, as if you work with 2d graphics you wont have much choice. also the 3d quality is very persuading.
    (that comparation of murc "the bumpmapping factor or so" fells in my mind: " do you want 35 frames of this, or 80 frames of that (comparing ebumpmapping vs no bumpmapped pictures.)

but i fear that will be not enough, and also by way too late.
    nvida moves quickly in hardware in drivers and in marketing.
    matrox doesnt seem to really catch up.

err sorry should belong under "g400 vs g450" pressed wrong button.. late already

Comment

string,

i understand your reasoning...very well!

i believe though that matrox product cycles are in "sync" with matrox users...and for the most part they are a very loyal crowd, me included. the g800 will be my next video card!

i don't know if i speak for anyone else around here but i've seen the competitors video cards on other peoples computer, and while fast, they didn't have the color richness and the fonts didn't scale very well. to be fair, some of these people could have purchased a better monitor and cleared most of this up...people will skimp on the darndest things sometime.

while i will admit to being part of the "anything over 50 fps is good enough" crowd, i also like my 2d environment to be razor sharp, and snappy. imo this is where the "voodoos'" and "nvidias'" take a back seat to matrox.

chucky

[This message has been edited by Chucky Cheese (edited 20 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X