Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting a VCR to the second head... what exactly do I get ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting a VCR to the second head... what exactly do I get ?

Well, got hold of a BNC to RCA plug, plugged the BNC end to the VIDEO IN of my VCR and the other end to my vanilla, activated the DualHead Multi-Display mode, restarted Windows as promted, it installed drivers for an Unknown Monitor, went to Control Panel, clicked on Add New Hardware and let Windows do a search for any Plug&Play devices, it found and installed a Composite Power Source (it's set at "System devices" in Device Manager)... now what ?

Nothing. Basically, you could record the things you do on second display on the video. Very stupid thing to do imho...

Selecting clone would let you record what's happening on the PC.. games, apps, anything;

selecting DVDmax would let you record all the movies you play on tape.
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Can I display videos from the VCR to my PC by switching to the VIDEO OUT of my VCR ? or is the second head only VIDEO OUT, TV OUT ?

Comment

You can only use the DH function to output to your TV/VCR not the way around.
        Dual P2 450
        MSI 6120 MoBo
        512MB PC-100 SDRAM
        Adaptec 2940U2W Scsi controller
        3x 9,1GB U2W Harddrives
        SB Awe64 Gold
        3Com FastEtherlink XL (3C905b-TX)

Comment

OK, thanks ...hmm, taping a Q3 game, doesn't sound so bad after all

Comment

You should read my topics... you could find some interesting things.

To All: I need the correct schemes to make a connection RGB to SCART. I know that exist 2 schemes for different connections' type.

Comment

It was my impression that you are not able to record DVD from the video out without deactivating copy protection.

Comment

Brian,

That depends on how old your VCR is

Rags

Comment

So, I guess my ancient HR-D150E JVC won't be a problem.
                  Funny thing, I got TV output from my vanilla through the VCR on an even more ancient 6 channel TV that I got stuck with in my room Even funnyer is that the poor thing can do me 1024x768x32

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 19 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X