No announcement yet.

Secondary display only black & white !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary display only black & white !

Ok so i finally get the dual head working with my TV... but there is no color !

Any bright ideas ??? I´m starting to loose my patience here!

PS: I´m using the S-video connector on the cable that came with the G400.. and a SCART connection on the TV
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

I think there is a setting in the dualhead properties that allows you to choose between monochrome/color signal...

I will check it later when I get back to my g400 machine.
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

One problem could be that you have set the output to NTSC and your TV only supports PAL. I had NTSC set and only got b&w picture on it then I changed to PAL and there was color =)

There might be other probs too...
      Dual P2 450
      MSI 6120 MoBo
      512MB PC-100 SDRAM
      Adaptec 2940U2W Scsi controller
      3x 9,1GB U2W Harddrives
      SB Awe64 Gold
      3Com FastEtherlink XL (3C905b-TX)

Comment

I have the exact same problem as Chris. I've tried every setting available with nothing working...

Impact: Yes, there is a setting that let's you choose, but neither setting works for me.

Overide: My TV probably only supports PAL, but I've tried both settings with no luck. What might the other problems be?

Any other suggestions?

Comment

The one thing to check is that the SCART plug on your TV actually supports svideo. When SCART was invented there was no such thing as svideo.

Some TVs support svideo by providing two scart plugs, one standard SCART (which carries composite and RGB) and the other is a butchered version of SCART which uses some of the RGB pins to carry svideo. If there is only one SCART socket on your TV then it probably does not support svideo.

Point two. virtually all TVs that use a scart plug are multi system(pal/ntsc/seacam). Simply because they are considered higher end...

One symptom of using svideo on a non svideo scart connector is a black and white picture.

The same pin that carries the composite signal on a scart plug is also the luminance pin, as well as the composite sync for RGB. The luminance signal carries no colour, this is why its B&W.

Hope this helps, if you've only got the one scart plug on your TV then I think you've onl got two choices. RGB and composite.

Forget composite, it causes cancer

RGB is the way to go, you get the best colour, resolution and it looks great while playing DVDs.

Comment

Chris: take a look at my questions that i've posted some days ago... There is a connection scheme.

Tlaloc: do you can send me your connection scheme? i know that exist different connection possibility for RGB to SCART.

Waxling: do you know the connection scheme for RGB to SCART? I need to know if the pins'scheme that i've used for my cable is right.

To All: sorry for my english.

Comment

Working...
            X