Power of Matroxusers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of Matroxusers!

UPDATE: Due to reader feedback we've decided to re-run the Matrox scores with the TurboGL drivers. Look for the updated article to debut shortly.
    March 14, 2000

This is from firingsquads main page.

It cracks me up to see such support for a computer product! heheheh

Way to go Mucers and Murcettes

They should have gotten it right the first time. The board has been out too long for this type of mistake to be made. In addition, one of Firingsquad's editors is a Matrox user and a MURC member.

I think this review was rushed to press, and the pressure of deadlines may have contributed to this gaff. I still don't think that's a good excuse. The darn board is as fast or faster than the TNT2U in nearly every test (3DMark2000 being a notable exception).

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hail almighty Murcers!

PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
      128mb pc-100 cas 2
      Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
      Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
      SB Live!
      Winblows 98se & DX7
      and 384k DSL!

Comment

I hope Rags comes along and tells how his latest lost FedX shipment was resolved. Apparently someone at FedX must be a MURCer. They contacted him and replaced his order.

Also, with all the talent we have here we should start our own company.
        "MURC Inc."Computer and Cheeze specialty Products...LOL

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Nooooo!!!

<font size=+2 color=yellow>No Damn Cheese!</font>

I don't really trust Firing Squad for hardware. They don't seam to keen on the subject. Game reviews and previews on the other hand are great...

[This message has been edited by Dyre (edited 17 March 2000).]

Comment

Paul is correct. After me making my whining post in the soap box about my mishaps with FedEx, I recieved a mailing from someone there who apologized and said they would ship it to me o/n at no charge. They even went as far as to source out my parts, and I got a retail processor instead of an OEM. Funny thing, though is that I mailed a formal complaint to them, and never recieved one piece of correspondence from them. I post on the MURC, and BAM! action. This place has some people reading it who care, and that my friends is power.

Rags

Comment

congrats Rags!
              jim
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100 cas 2
              Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              and 384k DSL!

Comment

I just wanted to thank who ever this is at FedX that read Rag's post in the Soap Box and got his parts to him.

A BIG MURCer THUMBS UP to who ever helped him out at FedX!!!

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Formal complaints with specific details get alot of attention at Fed Ex, or any other corporation looking to maintain a good reputation.

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                  Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                  512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                  Matrox P
                  X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                  LianLiPC70

Comment

Maybe it's all those BBQ buttons being thrown around here

But congrats Matt!! I can tell you it wasn't me this time

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Damnit it is mini MURCers.
                      Workstation Specs:
                      Pentium 4 2 GHz, ASUSTek P4T-E i850, 1024 MB PC800 RDRAM, ATi Radeon 8500 64m, Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, 3Com 3C905TX-C NIC, Western Digital 80g ATA100 HD, Sony 16x/40x DVD-ROM, Sony CD-RW 175S/C, 19" Sony 420GS, and Windows XP Pro.

Comment

Working...
                      X