Newbie! What is Turbo GL??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie! What is Turbo GL??

I just purchased a G400 and I am new to your board and was wondering what is the Turbo GL download, and what does it do....I read some of the posts and came across someone who suggested after downloading it that you should get a fan for the card!

TurboGL is an optimised driver for the G400 and OpenGL games like Quake3. It's an alternative to gaming with the full OpenGL ICD built into the drivers (without affecting the full ICD's operation on other apps).

I don't know why you would need a fan for this. For overclocking, yea, but not for TurboGL...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 17 March 2000).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

TurboGL is what made people start taking the G400 seriously as a gamers card. Now, it blows away any other card in it's generation because of it's friggin huge bandwidth advantage. TurboGL is your friend. Embrace TurboGL.

Sen

Comment

I have tried the turboGL and my framerates in Quake2 from 76fps to 46 fps. I don't know what is going on. I ran the setup and the program detects any OpenGl games and installs the drivers, but slows them down. Even my 3DMark99 benchmarks went down. Please help!!!!

Tom

Comment

tomzenc,
          That is a strange one. Post a new question in the gaming forum, and put in your system specs.
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hi tomzenc,

Something else must have happened to your system, because TGL should NOT affect DX apps (3DMark is a DX benchmark).

Rags

Comment

Working...
            X