Marvel G400 and heat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 and heat...

I just received my Marvel G400 and have been playing around with it. It was definitely worth the upgrade from a Marvel G200 for what I do.

Anyways, I noticed that the heatsink on the Marvel G400 gets quite hot even when the system is idle and the case is wide open. Is this normal? Are the G400 chips perfectly fine with passive heatsinks or should I look into some third party options?

Thanks.

------------------
    dual processors forever!

dual processors forever!

Hi,

I'm running a G400-TV alongside a Celeron 300a @450 in a full tower case, without sides (that's because I'm too lazy to replace them between tests). I just stuck my hand into the case and touched the heatsink, and while it's warm it isn't hot (well I've still got my fingers anyway).

Comment

Most People put an old 486 fan or other fan on the heat sink .Many of us have pumped up our cpus or even overclocked our g400s with mgatweekand the fan really makes a diff.

Matt

------------------
      Abit BF6, P3 450 AT 620, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Working...
      X