Forcing 4x Transfers on G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcing 4x Transfers on G400 Max

Probably the last to upgrade from G200 to G400Max, but got a deal from a friend who bought a Max and decided at the last minute to put in a GForce instead...so I got to upgrade to the G400 Max for $150 (yeehaa!)

Anyway, running it on a Tyan Trinity 400 (s1854)with 550E o'clocked to 733, and, of course, Turbo GL drivers do not work, and latest 5.52 Pdesk crashes also (no big news here..) So reverted back to Pdesk 5.41, which seems to work well (still waiting for those VIA fixes, Matrox

Drivers defaulted to AGP 2x, but new Max and the Tyan are 4x capable, so I decided to see what Reg hack would get 4x. Seems as if this is it...[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\Settings\CPU]
    "AGPFlags"="-2"

The "-2" value seems to force 4x mode. So far everything is fine running w/4x enabled, although I know there is little to gain. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

Probably the last bloody one to know this, but don't remember seeing anyone else here doing the 4x hack thing (seeing as how the vast majority are still on a BX MB).

Interesting to note that my buddies system with a 2x only Max will o'clock 115% with the Matrox utility, whereas my own new 4x card will only hit about 109% before artifacts appear. Happy anyway...now I can play Q3a at a rez above 640x480

[This message has been edited by EchoWars (edited 16 March 2000).]
Working...
X