ASUS P3V4X + G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P3V4X + G400MAX

Anybody ever had any problem with ASUS P3V4X with VIA Apollo 133A Chipset combining with G400Max? Please help, wanna upgrade to P3V4X very soon with current G400MAX. Thanks

Awie, I'd recommend doing a search on P3V4X. There have been a number of posts about this board during the last week in the Matrox Hardware, Matrox Gaming, and General Hardware forums. If you need any specific information not already covered, come back and ask.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I am currently running quite happily with g400Max in P3v4x at AGPx4 and fast writes enabled (or at least it says fast writes are enabled in the bios) Sandra confirms it is running at 4x.
      THis did required a bios update to get working, the current bios 1003 does finnally support UDMA66 as well.

Comment

Mr Zeus,

May I ask which version of ASUS/VIA-drivers you are using, 4.17?

Is the new BIOS 1003 fast and stable?

JIS

Comment

I'm on BIOS rev 1002.
          I've a G400 MAX in the box, AGP 2x.

- The TurboGL doesn't work.
          - Using anything other than the 4.17 drivers caused me major headaches.
          - The OpenGL ICD works with Half-Life.
          - Unreal Tournament runs fine, if a tad slower than when the G400 was in my Athlon.

I've not tried too much tweaking, or putting in the new BIOS. That's next.

The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
          The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
          The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Awie I have a G400max and a p3v4x and have had nothing but probs!! Q3 won't work, I tried it with every version of of Powerdesk and every version of turbogl. I get shutdown blue screen errors with the only way to correct is reboot and hope it will shutdown properly after that.

I am using 1002 bios with the via 4.17 drivers. I'm very unhappy with my g400max since I switched back to my asus tnt card every prob went away. I put the g400 back in same probs come back. I wasted $200 on this piece of junk g400max!

Comment

Working...
            X