Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD MAX on TV

Hiho!
    I have a question. No matter which movie I am watching on my TV the picture is always cut. I mean I see the whole picture on my computer screen but on my TV I almost the same picture but there are a few centimetres missing on everyside of the TV picture. I choose where every possible to keep the proportions. Is it possible to get the whole picture to the screen, because in some movies there are those typical green lighting typing lettres with this typical sound for every lettre and they are sometimes hard to read because of the cut TV picture. :-)

What OSes are you two using? Win2K or Win9x?

Thanks...

Comment

Hi,
      in DVDmax options (advanced desktop properties-> dualhead), you can select which method to use to resize the image on TV and which aspect ratio to use. Experiment with these. They might help.

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Oh sorry I didn't mention. Win98.

Comment

As adamhamilton said, this is due to overscan with your TV. You never knew that it existed before because you never got to see the "full" picture before. This is something that TV manufacturers do, and I do not think that there is anything you can do with the DVDmax options to help this. Most TVs do not have overscan tweaking in a user accessible control.

The whole picture is going to the NTSC (or PAL) signal, but your TV is clipping the edges.

Comment

I have the same problem, it's called overscan and all TVs do it to a certain extent. I'm loosing about 1.5 inches at each edge of the picture.

I have so far been unable to do anything about it!

Comment

Working...
            X