Guys, is there "Plaid Death" with FIC SD11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, is there "Plaid Death" with FIC SD11

I will get FIC SD11 in couple of days, since i have "plaid death" problems with my ms6167
    any1 knows if there are such problems with FIC SD11?
    blah blah blah

I haven't heard of such problems with the FIC SD11, but then again I haven't heard of plaid death with the ms6167 either. I have painfully experienced it with my K7M, though.

Comment

hehehe... well i have plaid death with ms6167... so i called my system vendor and made them send me the fic board...
      blah blah blah

Comment

/\
        blah blah blah

Comment

I hope and pray for you to be lucky with your SD11, from personal experience, it's the worst motherboard I've ever used. Really picky with power supplies, random reboots, etc. You should have gone with an Asus K7M, which is VERY stable.

Comment

the older REVs were bad but 1.8 is alright.. and i will get it for RMA for my ms6167
            blah blah blah

Comment

Do you really think the MS6167 was the cause? I've had the horrible green garbage all over the screen intermittently for quite a while now, and have been unable to fix it. I never actually thought it was the 6167, though. (I assume this is the problem you're calling "plaid death"...)

-Brian

Comment

hmm.. not green, colored lines.. its a known problem with some of the athlon mobos...
                blah blah blah

Comment

I too have had the same problem with my SD-11 rev 1.8[nc608]. When I first bought the board it was rock solid at AGP 2x, which was an improvement over my EPOX MVP3G-M(it could only handle AGP 1x). After about a month with this new board and cpu; Quake II, Kingpin, and Revolt started randomly locking up. I tried 5.41, 5.52, bios settings, and AMD's AGP 4.45 and 4.61. Then I remembered my Enlight p/s was 20w under-rated. So, I bought a Antec pp303x. No good. Formatted and started over. Games ran ok now, but I hadn't installed AMD's AGP driver yet. As soon as I installed either version, boom, lock ups. So, I changed the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0000\Settings\CPU

AGPFallback=0

Now that AGP is running at 1x[verified with pcilist.exe[v2.01], I have no problems!

I am curious if anyone knows if under-powering an Athlon system could cause a failure in the G400?

------------------
                  DaRogMan

System Specs:
                  Athlon 600
                  FIC SD-11
                  G400
                  SBLive!
                  LNE100TX
                  WD AC180000 UDMA/66
                  Creative 48mx
                  Atapi Zip 100
                  Microsoft Internet Keyboard PRO USB
                  Microsoft Intellimouse w/Intellieye USB
                  No ISA, no floppy
                  Win98SE

[This message has been edited by rogman (edited 14 March 2000).]
                  DaRogMan

System Specs:
                  Athlon 600
                  FIC SD-11
                  G400
                  SBLive!
                  LNE100TX
                  WD AC180000 UDMA/66
                  Creative 48mx
                  Atapi Zip 100
                  Microsoft Internet Keyboard PRO USB
                  Microsoft Intellimouse w/Intellieye USB