G400 and Mystique 220 on the same PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Mystique 220 on the same PC

Has anyone tried to make a Mystique 220 and a G400max to work in the same PC ??

My motherboard is a bit old, and doesn't have the selection of wich VGA must start (PCI/AGP) so, if i leave both video cards installed, Win98 starts on the Mystique and uses the G400 as secondary card. I don't like this, I wish to use the G400 as video card, and I need the mystique because it has a Rainbow Runner module installed. I can't buy the Rainbow Runner for G400 right now. Is there a way to disable the Mystiqye leaving the Rainbow Runner working ??

CyaCya

I could be wrong about this, but under Win9x I'm afraid you are stuck with physically removing the Mystique when you don't need it.

It is your motherboard BIOS that determines which VGA card BIOS gets mapped into lower DOS memory, and that's the one DOS and Win9x will show up on.

One advantage of Windows 2000 over Win9x in the multimonitor department is the option to switch the primary card assignment in realtime. But I don't if that info is much use to you given the state of Matrox's Win2K driver support right now.

Comment

You might check for a BIOS update for your motherboard. They may have added pci/agp boot order to it by now.

Another thing to be aware of...for the Rainbow Runner to work properly, the Mystique will need to remain the primary card...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X