Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new rumors on G450? Possible release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new rumors on G450? Possible release date?

No one, outside of Matrox, knows if the board exists at all, much less an OEM version of the board.

Matrox hasn't even announced the board. If it does exist, I would think we would still have a bit of a wait after they announce it.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 04 March 2000).]

Any new rumors on G450? Possible release date?

I haven't heard anything on the G450 as of late. Ant's site lists the rumor from early February stating it'll be released "early March"/Q1.

I would think if that's true, we would be hearing more about it at this point...

Also, anyone know if there will be OEM versions of this card? Will it only be sold on Matrox's site like the G400 Max? Anyone know how it will be priced?

Thanks...

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 04 March 2000).]

Comment

Hey I'm outside of Matrox and I know There will be a G450 although it looks like its not going to meet the original deadline. The information that came my way a while back was that it would be announced at the end of February and launched by the end of March. Keep your eyes on the MURC for G450 info, if you know what I mean

Comment

Hey Ant-

Dunno when you'll post some new G450 info on matroxusers.

I want to buy a new video card in the next 2 months. With the current rumor/knowledge that you have, is there a possibility of buying a G450 within that time frame?

Will G450s replace the entire line of G400s (excluding Marvel and RT2000 of course), or will it be more like a G400 MAX replacement?

If the thing will only be sold for $200+ US, I'll pass.

Comment

What I meant was, no one outside of Matrox, except Ant, knows this stuff.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

And I bet Ant has been "asked" not to post anything about what's going on with it. It may be that the G450 will become a G600(halfway between G400 and G800), or that they decided to get the Win2k drivers working before releasing it. That is the most reasonable solution if you ask me.

Comment

Don't be so harsh on Ant, guys...

Whatever it will be called, you'll know in due time, when Matrox tells us what it's called

In the mean time I would worry about other things... Like the gasoline prices, or something like that

Jorden.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

G450 info!!!

http://www.aceshardware.com/Spades/r...article_id=120

Quote: "All I can say is that the G450 will be an excellent videocard, but not the favorite of hardcore gamers. "

hmm... I'm worried!!!

[This message has been edited by Micko (edited 07 March 2000).]

Comment

No need to be worried, Micko.
                  I remember reading reviews when the G400 came out, which also said "It's not a card for hardcore gamers, because its fill-rate is too low.".
                  Well, I'm not the typical hardcore gamer, but I use my PC mostly for gaming, along with some Web programming, image edition, and surf. My main PC has a G400 Max, and the second one has a vanilla G400.
                  Well here is the result :
                  - gaming : the G400 performs quite nicely in ANY current game, with the bonus of low-cost (performance wise) 32bit color, top-notch image quality, and EMBM
                  - Web programming : the Dual-head makes it painful to come back to my workplace and do the same thing with Alt-Tab...
                  - Image edition : did I say Dual-head ?
                  - Web surfing : you bet I did !

I'm sure the G450 (while not being revolutionary, I rather see it as a transition card between G400 and G800)will do the same... I can't wait for it, but I guess I'll have to.
                  Corwin the Brute

Comment

Anybody knows when DX8 will be released ?

... can't wait ... really can't ...
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

*IF*, from the CEBIT article quoted in Micko's post, the G800 is going to be released in August then LrngToFly why don't you wait till then and pick up either a (expensive) G800 that has T&L support or a cheap G450, or an even cheaper G400Max or G400?

Heck, I'm still happy running my G200 (penny-pinching Opus living up to the tight-ass Scot reputation).

Cheers

Comment

Well I guarentee that they'll release it 5 minutes after I decide not to buy a new carpet for the hall/stairs but to buy a G400 Max instead. So I'll let you know when I buy a Max

Still on G200 like the penny-pinching scot (but with trousers instead of a girly skirt - erm I mean manly kilt

------------------
                        Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...
                        Warning: Sigs may seriously damage your health...

Comment

Yeah, I'm a penny pinching G200 owner too!

I have to admit I have a pretty lame excuse for wanting a G400- there is no black box on it's TV-Out (I believe) in Win2K (the image fills entire TV screen.) The G200 has this black box in Win2K but not Win98. I'm tired of having to reboot into Win98 to watch DVDs...

I do play a few games HL, Q3A, UT, so something faster would be nice...

I also know well Matrox's history of keeping us waiting for their products. I bet it will work out like this scenario: the G450, originally rumored to arrive in March will come out in June, but by that time, the G800 release rumors will have it coming out in September, but it won't be out until January 2001.

So, those of us who are penny pinchers will stick w/ our G200s until the G800 arrives, thinking each next gen card is right around the corner and those who don't mind opening their wallet to Matrox will have 3 different cards in their systems within a 10 month period.

It would be nice if Matrox would "leak" the specs of the G450 and G800 so we can make an educated decision on whether or not to wait for these cards.

I suppose they would like me to buy all three- the G400, G450 and G800. In my case, that's not gonna happen.

(ps- I know if they leak the specs, a whole can-o-worms is opened if Matrox doesn't deliver them... but something is better than nothing (in terms of information.) Anyway, the G450 has to be in enough of a finished state where they can announce what it will do. Although, I suppose G400 sales would probably drop to 0 in anticipation in the mean time... Okay, so perhaps they can't leak the specs.)

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 07 March 2000).]

Comment

Psst, you can resize the tv-out image as well on your G200, so you don't have the black box ;-)
                            Your monitor-image will resize as well, but you can use your monitor controls to make it the right size again.

Comment

Only the Win9x driver allows G200 resizing- not Win2K.

Or am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X