Marvel G400TV: "windows protection error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400TV: "windows protection error"

I've recently bought the Marvel G400 TV. It seems to run fine under NT (haven't tested everything yet, but DualHead works, and I can see snow on the TV tuner).
    However, windows 98 totally explodes when installing the driver. After a fresh install, I install the driver (I tried both the version from the CD and the latest downloaded version), and I get a "windows protection error" when 98 tries to switch to graphics mode.
    Anyone has had the same problem, or has a solution? Any help will be appreciated.
    My system config is about this:
    - AMD K6-2 250 / 128 Mb RAM
    - Aopen DVD, Hp CD writer
    - PnP modem, PCI network card

Hi,

You seem to be having the exact same problem as me. I have an Iwill XA-100 Plus motherboard with the ALI chipset. I have the latest AGP drivers, and still I get this problem about half the time I bootup with my G400-TV.

I found this link in another thread in these forums involving the same problem. This page contains a VxD (Virtual Device Driver) patch for Windows 98 that may indeed fix it. I just installed it and will find out after several boots if anything happened. If all else fails, give this a try:
    http://www.mcs.net/~revolutn/win98_vxd_fix.htm

Also, read the thread "K6-2 Shuts Down!" in the General Hardware section. This is where I found the link.

Hope this helps you (and me)!
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X