G400 and CC820 and Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and CC820 and Win2k

KMODE exceptions if busmastering is enabled. All items are on IRQ 9. Were the same on Tyan S1832 and had no problems. Contrary to popular belief, you can't always set IRQ's manually. So, any help other than the infamous IRQ thing?

PIII600EB, CC820, 256Megs, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah,G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

I set up Win2k on my K7M based system yesterday, and it decided to place my G400, NIC, USB, and SBLive! all on IRQ9

Comment

Win2k has always pit all my stuff on 9. It's run great under Win2k until this CC820 board.
      PIII600EB, CC820, 256Megs, 2940U2W, Seagate Cheetah,G400-32 SH, Plextor 8\20, Plextor 40Max, SBLive!, MS FFPro, Altec Lansing ACS-48, Sony CDP 520GS

Comment

Try doing a reload of Windows 2000, hold down F5 when prompted for additional SCSI controllers and select the standard (non acpi) HAL. Once this has been loaded you can assign interrupts manually.

Paul

Comment

The IRQ sharing thing is quite well known at this point - Windows 2000 uses ACPI Polling instead of interrupts. Basically it ignores hardware interrupts, and polls the device when it's damn good and ready - a boost to stability at the cost of a percentage point or two of performance.

NOW, your particular problem is most likely that your nice shiny new CapeCodder probably either:

a. Has its memory timed too aggressively.
          b. Has its slots timed too aggressively.
          c. Has a lousy ACPI implementation and needs a BIOS update badly.

Check all that stuff and let us know how it goes.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Three different boards, Three different O\S's.

The only combination that works right is The Tyan S1832DL and Windows 2000. I was posting here with the same problems under Win95 and Win98 a few months back. If I disable Busmastering on any of the combo's, all is well. I really can't see how anyone wants to blame the CC820 MoBo when the G400 does the same thing on 2 other MoBo's and O\S's, and all variations in between. TNT2Ultra (4x) and V3 3000 (N\A) operate great in all. Just the G400 has the problems. All I was really just hoping that someone from tech would say, "we've got a problem, and we're working on it!". Between power supplies and MoBo's, I've been pretty loyal to getting the card to work error free like the others do. (Too loyal I'm starting to think).

Comment

Working...
            X