Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 SDRAM?!?!

I bought a millenium G400 and its suposed to
    be SGRAM but display properties show its SDRAM! and the store say that matrox doesn't make G400 32meg SD, they claim its a bug in the driver. Are they trying to sell me some
    cheap model?

Win2k build 2195
    Powerdesk 5.03.025
    32meg G400

Yes, there are SDram models. They are the ultra-cheap OEM cards, not intended for resale to Joe Customer, unless included in a complete system built by a system integrator. We don't see very many of them around here, but they do exist.

What is the part number on the card? MGAxxxxxx?
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I couldn't find any part number that started with MGA. I think you ment this number G4+M4A32DG, does it say anything to you?

Comment

It says it can do 4x transfer rate......which mine cannot.
        Yuet

Comment

Yes. That D near the end says sDram. If it was sGram, that letter would be a G.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Go to your display properties>settings>advanced>information
            on this tab it will tell you what type of RAM you have...

Comment

Hmm, where exactly do Display Properties show that it is sgram or sdram? Yes I too have the manufactured_by_chinese_and_sold_in_a_plastic_bag_ G400 32MB D. H. I got it as a replacement for a S. H. card (with a discount of course, because I ordered S. H. which they didn't have). Or do i have to dig in the case again?
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

It says SGRAM. Okay, so they really assemble them from what they have right on... cause the thing I have is OEM, that is the only thing I am sure of...
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Some oem cards have SG, some have SD. If you look at the sticker on your card, you will see a number simiular to what sumC posted, but will have a "G" towards the end rather than the "D" he has.

Just depends on what the original wholesaler bought from Matrox....

Comment

Working...
                  X