128 Meg 100mhz RAM
    Pentium III 450mhz
    Matrox Millenium G400 32m
    DirectX 7.0a
    SB Live! Value
    Windows98 SE
    300w power supply
    IRQ's

Thanks for the link, D! Downloading it now...I'll have some benchmarks up soon.

Comment

Okay...Here's some preliminary benchmarks for the new TurboGL (v1.3) compared with the ICD and TGL v1.1.

Matrox G400Max -
      Quake 2 @ 1024x768, PIII500 w/ 192MB RAM:
      timedemo 1
      map demo1.dm2
      Each benchmark was run 3 times after a clean reboot...

OGL Driver FPS [ #1 #2 #3 ]
      5.52 ICD 65 67.3 67.3
      TGL v1.1 69.9 69.9 69.9
      TGL v1.3 70.3 70.2 70.3

Okay, so it looks like v1.3 of the TurboGL is slightly faster, so slightly that it'd hardly worth mentioning. However, if you do play tribes, the TGL now officially has Tribes support! If any of you can stick up some numbers to compare, that'd be great. If you guys want the low-rez performance as well, I'd be happy to stick it up for you too

Larry

Comment

Haven't gone for benchmarking. Just thought I'd go for the visual and feel of the game.
        Quake2 feels about the same speed Unreal the tearing is much improved but still present as is the menu flicker. Now this will make you laugth Gldoom behaves the same.
        One thing I have noticed the games seem darker with this new gl. Anyone noticed this.
        Anyway I'm half pissed, No me glasses ain't steaming up so that ain't the reason why the games look darker. I'm gonna finnished getting pissed tonight and have a laugth with a few racing games. Then I'll get pissed Tomorrow night and upset my Shef wednesday mate when they loose again. Funny I only have to look at him and he cringes must be a crap team he supports.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

God it's quiet tonight.
          No pig fans from sheffield (Uk) going to have a bite?
          Finnished drinking now eating my mothers food should writing to the soap box, may have somthing further to say about the new turbo tomorrow.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

New Turbo GL? Am I blind or something but I cannot see it... It still is TurboGL from 13th December. Come on. Was it a joke? Sorry but something is wrong here, or my PC is messing with me... I am still refreshing... whats the deal PIT?

Comment

What I see is TurboGL 1.03, march 3, 2000.
              Version number:1.30.002.
              Anything wrong?

Comment

Where are you guys getting 1.03? I've already unpacked it and installed it. Everything is running fine. It says 1.3 during setup, and also 1.3 in the TurboGL Manager.

Larry

Comment

If you can't see the new driver it's probably that your brower is using the cached version. Click on reload or empty your cache folder.
                  Now Sober waiting for the football to start.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hi, I couldn't seem to be able to install this!

It just ends by itself, without the usual search for games. And the TurboGL Manager still reflects the old version.

Is anyone having the same problem? Any advice?

Comment

having the same prob, it runs and at the top of the page it says "failed", at the bottom it says files have been copied, but still uses the old tgl
                      jim

------------------
                      Abit BE6 with P3 500 @ 5*124=620
                      14.6 gb Maxtor ata66 and 128mb ram
                      G400 vanilla 32mb @ 168/210
                      Sblive with Altec Lansing speaker combo
                      384k DSL and Realtek nic
                      Windows 98se with DX7a
                      3dMark2000 = 2956
                      Worn out reset button :O)

PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                      128mb pc-100 cas 2
                      Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                      Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                      SB Live!
                      Winblows 98se & DX7
                      and 384k DSL!

Comment

<sigh, here we go again>People with TGL problems: Rightclick the Quickdesk icon in your system tray. Choose TurboGL Manager. Choose select all and then Remove Driver.

Now comes the hairy bit ... REBOOT YOUR PC. Reinstall the TGL from the TGL file, then REBOOT YOUR PC AGAIN

You could also try to just install the TGL and then reboot your PC, as it needs to make changes to Windows registry.
                        Okay, it may not say that you have to reboot your PC, but that's why you see the old TGL.

By removing the old drivers first and then rebooting, installing TGL again and again rebooting you will see the new TGL in Quickdesk / info, and have the new one for sure.

<sigh>Jorden.

P.S: Before someone starts screaming about it: The remove driver, removes the TGL driver only, not your Powerdesk 5.xx !! No need to reinstall that one!!

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 07 March 2000).]
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Found the answer from Matrox site.
                          The new TurboGL is only meant for PowerDesk 5.50 and above.

Comment

Matrox Marvel G400
                            TurboGL 1.30.002
                            PowerDesk 5.52.015

Yes, I have noticed that OpenGL mode seems a bit darker, at least in UT. However, despite my frame-rates not being noticeably higher, the FEEL is definitely improved -- the precaching delay seems shorter, plus I have fewer skips and gaps during play.

Sure, I know this version of PD isn't intended for the Marvel G400, but I just had to see what I was missing. No problems so far.

(Don't blame me if you're a Marvel owner and you fubar something doing what I do.)
                            - --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
                            P3-600
                            128MB
                            G400-TV
                            (everything else is incidental)

Comment

Hey Jorden ( or anyone ) - could you post the registry entries for the TGL ? Especially for the P2 version ? I'm trying to get it to work under Win 95 ( I know, it's not supported, but it works with the 5.30 drivers, and you can't blame a guy for trying : )

TIA

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X