Can't install new ICD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install new ICD??

I'm having a little problem with installing the new ICD. It says that the current Power Dest I have installed in not compatible...and I have 5_41 installed.

I even did a cpmplete uninstall with the uninstaller and then reinstalled. The old ICD installs fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Green
    It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Well, since the NEW TurboGL (which ISN'T AN ICD, btw) was intended to work with the NEW drivers, you should install them.

In other words, get 5.52 ya foo!

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Not that that would help him alot, Gurm.

I know what he means, and all he has to do is reinstall the TGL, be it version 1.0 or the new v1.30

Just install your drivers, and every next time you update your drivers, reinstall the TGL on top of the other. Then you won't have that message again

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hey GURM,

Did you know that, "Sarcasm is the recourse of a simple mind!"

Ya Foo!

Jerk!

Comment

I have 5.52 installed (5.4* removed via the uninstall utility), and the new TurboGL still complains about being incompatible with my version of PowerDesk.
          Any thoughts?
          Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

GehRehmee, did you install the new TGL before or after the 5.52 drivers? Did you have the old TGL installed before (and tried to work with it)?

What you might want to do is rightclick the Quickdesk icon in the system tray, choose TurboGL Manager, select all and then remove driver.

Then reboot your PC, and reinstall the TGL only !!

This should work.

Jorden.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys...

I installed 5.52 and the new TRL drivers installed. Kinda wierd that it didn't work for 4.41...since it was said to be compatible with 4.30 and up...

Oh well...Thanks for the help

Green
              It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Comment

That been updated to now reflect 5.52 and up.

Mark F.

------------------
                OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                --------------------------------------------------
                OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                and burped out a movie

Comment

Don't start slamming me until you're sure I'm wrong! Jorden, I'm inclined to be easy on you - but the rest of you take heed. I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being RIGHT.

- Gurm

------------------
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Yes, you were Gurm...

But even if you have trouble with TGL, whatever drivers and version of TGL you are using, if TGL says it's not compatible with your PD, just reinstall TGL..

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Gurm,

I have come to respect your intelligence in this forum , but i have zero respect for anyone who is disrespectful of anyone in any way!

Please dont show us a "SimpleMind" its un-becoming!

Cheers!

Comment

Casper, et al:

Have y'all SEEN the "A-Team"? I was doing a (very poor, admittedly) imitation of Mr. T - "shuddup, ya foo!" (or was it "ya crazy foo!"?)

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

He was changing that every other episode, Jason

Although I never saw him pointing a double barreled Winchester gauge 12 at any newbie

Casper99: Lighten up. We've been there, we've seen what comes from it, and we don't do stupid things like that again, or this whole thread is being moved to TSB...

(Ant should've called it <font size=3>!! HELL !!</font> I think sometimes )

Jorden

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 08 March 2000).]
                          Jordâ„¢

Comment

one side note:

if i am in DH mode and try to run TGL i get "wrong PD version". i have to switch in SH mode and reboot to have it working.

btw. what does ICD stand for ?

Comment

ok figures icd meaning hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X