Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking

Hey,
    I just bought a G400 Max, and now I want to get as much out of it as I can.
    My system is:
    AMD K6-III 400
    128 MB Ram
    Asus P5A Mainboard

If anyone has something similar, could he send me the best way to overclock this system (not the CPU) without having to add any cooling systems? I already downloaded the tweak thing, but I dont really know how to use it.
    Thanks

Not really what you asked, but overclocking the cpu would do more for your overall performance than anything else. K6-3 are fine cpu´s, but they really don´t max out (not even close) a G400. With all that urge for performance you´d be better with other cpu.

You won´t notice a big diference if you overclock the G400 Max, most of the times it will be idle waiting for the cpu.

Comment

I have a similar system except an AMD k6 III-450, I set chip to clock multiplier to 5.0, left bus at 100 and left voltage at what is stamped on top ---

as to MATROX TWEAK - moved slider to 105%

steady and not much temp increase for chip - make sure your fans are going ok.

increased sandra and winonion2000 a nice bit!!

AMD1200, A7V. 400g Max, RR, 512mg sdram, Pioneer 10x DVD 104s(no soda holder), Creative DVD dr3, 18g ultra66, 6.4g ultra33, Atapi Zip & PP 100, SB Live Platinum, Cambridge Theatre 5.1, DTT2500 Digital, USB Broadband Blaster, Windows XPsp1

Comment

Working...
      X