Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 dont works together with Network card

(also see older topic)
    I am now using first edition of win98 and Realtel Fast Ethernet Card and g400max works fine both alone, but as soon as i've both drivers running I always got a bluescreen when rebooting (Win98SE-german). Now with win98 first edition english I get a black screen instead of windows after rebooting the first time with network drivers installed. I cant get windows to work with both drivers running, one deinstalled and the other one works! Please help!!

Try moving the network card (NIC) to a different PCI slot or two. If there is a resource conflict then you will get crashes at boot-up. Keep PCI slot 1 free if at all possible.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I agree with Jammrock, except that if you HAVE to have something in PCI slot 1 (usually closest to the AGP port, but maybe on the other end), try to make it a card that doesn't require an IRQ.

Bill

------------------
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Working...
      X