what card is this anyway???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what card is this anyway???

At the last computer show I picked up this Matrox g400 in a static protective bag (no retail box or manual, came with driver CD and some TV cable) from a vendor I trust for 160.00, I assume it is a dual head, but based on the hardware reviews I'm not exactly sure...I've got a heat sink and no fan, but it does have 2 monitor outs on it. Sticker on the back says: MGI G4+MDH4A32G

Thanks

Matt

You have an OEM board, a board intended to be sold to computer manufacturers and not to end-users, although it is a common practice. Technically, if something goes wrong, you should complain to the person who sold you the board, and not to Matrox, although Matrox tends to be nicer to OEM users than most companies.

The "DH" in the product number stands for dual head. You mentioned that it has two monitor outputs, and that's what "dual head" refers to.

The G400 Max comes with a fan. The standard G400, or what we call the G400 "Vanilla," has a heatsink.

Your serial number indicates that your board is AGP 4x capable and has 32 MB of RAM.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 07 March 2000).]

Comment

You can get the manual here:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/...illg400_en.pdf

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks for the info. Card seems to work fine, except for Tribes, and I've got a month to return it if not completely satisfied (which at this point I'm not) but i'm working on resolving the Tribes issue in the other forum.
        Matt

Comment

Shoot, that what I forgot to check. To see if my card is AGP4x capable. How do I do that again. What do I look at in the part number?

Thanks,

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

OK, I just looked at my part# and after comparing to kickASCII's part# I have this bad feeling that the "4" represents 4x capable. Here it is:

G4+ MDHA32G I'm going to bitch at the people I bought it from and make them give me a good one.

Dave

------------------
            I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yea, ASCII...the "4A" in the part number tells you it's a newer 4x card.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
              X