Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

yeah hi .....

ive just got my g400max (YESSSSS!!!! finally 2 weeks late ) good card that .

i have dl turbo gl 1.30... but it says 2 put the graphics arpeture up 2 256
    i cant find this option on my mbo and its stuck @ 64mb..... (btw my mbo is a gigabyte bx2000)

can u help

also is 40/50-60 fps (800x600 medeim world and skin) good in ut ???

bear in mind that i have a 333mhz p2 not overclocked (yet) with 128mb of 66mhz ram

oracle

------------------
    MUHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Oracle (edited 06 March 2000).]
    P3 600e @ 660 (6*110)
    128mb 100mhz sdram
    abit be6-2
    Radeon 32ddr (biding time till the g800
    voodoo 3 2000 pci (166)
    soundblaster 16pci
    4.3gb seagate udma 33
    15.3 wd udma 66
    creative modem blaster 56k ext
    win me
    ie5
    direct x 8.0

1. Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your Motherboard.

2. You only need an aperture of 256 if your motherboard malfunctions with a CORRECT aperture size. Since you have 128MB, 64MB is the correct size. If your motherboard autodetects aperture, it is setting it to 64MB as the CORRECT setting. Only boards with broken AGP Aperture implementations (most of them, even nice ones, have this feature broken) need the aperture set to 256MB.

3. I can't comment on the framerates, since I don't play Unreal (cuz I hate it).

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Question: "also is 40/50-60 fps (800x600 medeim world and skin) good in ut ???"

Answer: Yes. And for your cpu thats very good, actually quite amazing. I am running in 800x600 on a P3 500 with a plain G400. I usually get on average about 42-48 fps. It will achive up to 70-80 fps in hallways, but in exteme fighting drops down to low 30's. I am running in 16 bit color and have dynamic lighting turned off (which will help you) and most of the graphic options set to low or off. Turning off Mipmapping and setting gore levels to low will also help you achive better fps.

xippo

Comment

Working...
      X