Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get original Video Tools to work with the latest drivers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get original Video Tools to work with the latest drivers?

I have a Marvel G200, which I use to watch TV while working on the PC. The problem is that the latest Video Tools hook directly into the master volume (the original Video Tools do not: they hook into Line-In and Aux). As a result, with the latest VT, I cannot adjust the PC-VCR volume independently of the system volume, which is highly undesirable when used with a PCI soundcard that is capable of multiple streams. For example, I may wish to simply turn down the volume of the TV feed without affecting the volume of the MP3 I want to hear. So I REALLY want to use the original VT that came on the CD, because that version allowed this kind of functionality.

I restored my machine with an archived image, which contains the original drivers that came with the Marvel. The display drivers are listed in Add/Remove, so I uninstalled them from there (leaving the original Video Tools installed), then installed the latest display drivers. However, PC-VCR will no longer launch: it complains (incorrectly) that I'm using a 4-bit palette.

I can't use the uninstaller (which would erradicate the 4-bit error message), because that nukes Video Tools as well: once I install the latest drivers, I cannot install the original version of Video Tools that came on the CD (install complains that Matrox drivers are not installed, and quits).

I can always quickly restore my image with the original drivers, so I have room to experiment: are there any suggestions to try in order to keep the original VT, yet still upgrade the display drivers? Or is there a hack to remap the hooks of the new VT from master volume to Line-In/Aux volume?

Thx...

Relocated to the Desktop Video forum, where all the video gurus post...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X