Warning: on topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: on topic.

This sounds like it only affects PCI video cards, and not AGP cards. The AGP is controlled by the northbridge of the chipset, where the PCI cards are controlled by the southbridge of the chipset.

Hmmmm...something is a bit fishy, though. One of my all time favorite games is LucasArts' Star Wars Racer (podracing from The Phantom Menace). Whenever I win a race and unlock another podracer, it has some fancy music as the new podracer backs into the garage. However, the intro of that music is always screwed up just a bit on every video card that I've used except for one. The music is screwed up for G400, G200, voodoo2, GeForce256, TnT2, i740, but it is not screwed up for a Trident Blade 3D. (These were tested with SB-Live and MX300 pci sound cards.) Only the voodoo2 is a pci card out of this batch.

I dunno if the culprit is the video bus flooding mentioned in the article.

Warning: on topic.

http://www.zefiro.com/vgakills.txt

I asked NVIDIA this one once, but got the typical response you'd expect, "We are perfect every day in every way, out the door you go, and there you shall stay."

The issue seems to be not complying with the PCI spec and flooding the bus so other devices stall. If could explain some issues I have noticed with sound and DVD playback since I have switched to a Live!. (4.1 works with the Live! and the H+, but not the mx300)

If the G400 does this, is there a registry switch to turn it off?

This would be a perfect question for the Matrox forums but they are closed on the weekends.

Comment

Working...
    X