some dvd'films are not playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some dvd'films are not playing

I have the problem that some dvd films will not be shown.(Yes they are the correct regioncode and no pirate copies - in case somebody is interested :-)).

What happens is that the screen just stays with the matrox dvd logo and nothin else. you can't choose a chapter or open a file from the cd, also the fileformat is like on other dvd's.

Until now i could not find a reasonable answer.

MY Hardware :

Panasonic LF 100j (dvd-ram)
    TEkram SCSI Card adapter dc390f)
    g400 32mb dualhead

tmc motherboard t15vg+ with 256 mb ram and 300mhz amd cpu overclocked to 373mhz

If you look at the contents of the disc using Windows Explorer, do you see anything? You should.
    - --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
    P3-600
    128MB
    G400-TV
    (everything else is incidental)

Comment

hmmm DVDRAM always caused some problems and are often not supported by manufacturers. Be sure that your card is not sharing it's resources with any other devices.

Z

Comment

Thank you for the replys. Yes I can see the content of the discs in the explorer. The problem occurs everytime ( when overclocked and when not).No other programs have a problem and the rest of the software on my machine is runing since december without problems.

Nils Valentin

Comment

Have you tried to uninstal and then reinstall the DVD player? (the software component, not the drive)

Mark F.

------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
          and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
          --------------------------------------------------
          and burped out a movie

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tip i tried it allready. no when I am starting the dvd player i get a new message when the films are not playing saying that "you must have an audiocard installed in order for the dvd player to be fully funtional.

My soundcard is a bit old (mediavision pro audio spectrum 16) and I wonder if this could be the cause ? Unfortunately i had no time yet to try this but as soon as i have money for a proper one i will try it.

best reagrds

Nils valentin

Comment

WOW, I used to have one of those cards. Was great, nice sound, good SB compatability, and SCSI all on one card. However when the original company went belly up and driver development stoped I switched to a SB AWE32 (or atleast they were all about the same time). Don't know if that card is the cause of your problems, but it is likely as the drivers...well...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Mark F.

------------------
              and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
              --------------------------------------------------
              and burped out a movie

Comment

I had no audio card in my system for a few
                weeks and I had the same problem - MatroxDVD would just sit at the start up image of a DVD.

Install a new card and it will probably work!

Comment

I had a similar problem for a while - the DVD would start running, I'd get the FBI warning, and then it would stop. Problem was solved when I upgraded my ASPI layer to version 4.60 (I know, it sounds imposing, but it's nothing but good for your Win9X/NT OS).

File link:

ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/winnt/aspi32.exe

See if that helps.

- Aryko

Comment

Hi everybody i found the new matrox forum were matrox will direct answer (started 01st of march)
                    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mgaforum/Ultimate.cgi

please find the update of my topic below in my e-mail to matrox

Nils valentin

------------------------------------

Hello Haig and Matrox Support team,

Today I found a workaround for the problem which allows me now to play all films also the same message is still presented.

" Playback performane ist contingent upon the sped and power of
                    this system.You must have an installed audio card for this product to be fully functional."

This is what I found out :

I can play all films when I Put in the config.sys the command " lastdrive=g".I have 3 partitions (c,d,e) and 3 cd drives (ide cd, scsi cd burner and scsi dvd ram). But this means
                    that i will not see the ide cd and scsi cd burner as the dvd ram has two drive letters (f and g)

First I thought the dvd player software does conflict with the cd burner or the ide cd rom, but it was not the case. I disconnected them both individually or together but the dvd
                    player would not play.
                    I adjusted the lastdrive setting each time and checked that the scsi cd roms are terminated proberly , but no success.

The only time it would play is when all cd rom drives connected and used with the lastdrive=g option in the config.sys ( which will disable the cd burner and ide cdrom).Also it
                    stills shows the error message it will work this way.Restarting the dvd player will have no other positive effect.I reinstalled the dvd player of course several times to see if this
                    could solve the issue, but no success.

Now my question :

Whats going on. ? Why does the dvd player give the error message also the soundcard works without problem ?
                    Does the dvd player software store information how many cd roms are connected and which one is the dvd rom or something similar ?

Thanks for letting me know the answer

Nils Valentin

Hardware:
                    Motherboard TNC T15VG+ with AMD 300 MHZ Processor
                    Tekram dc390f SCSI CARD
                    the Matrox G400 DH with 32 MB
                    Soundcard Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16
                    Yamaha CDRW 4416S (scsi burner)
                    Toshiba xm 5502ta (ide cd rom)

software:
                    Windows 98SE

Comment