Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full screen TV on 2nd display. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full screen TV on 2nd display. Is it possible?

Hi!
    I can't seem to use the full screen TV on the second display alone (multi-display without cloning).
    Any hints?

P2 300 @ 450
    Soyo 6BA+ IV
    Matrox G400 MAX
    ATI TV-Wonder
    128MB SDRAM
    Creative Live!
    Surecom Netcard
    Diamond SupraExpress 56i
    Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Sorry, I have to explain more. I want to work on the 1st monitor and watch TV on the 2nd. But apparently there is no way for me to move the ATI TV screen to the second window. It simply stops at the margin of the 1st screen. Any idea of how I can do that, or whether it's a (Matrox) driver limitation. I used to do that with a previous TV tuner on a different machine so that does not seem to b the case. Anyway, any ideas?

Comment

I believe that it is a limitation of the ATI-TV card. It uses overlays to do the video windows and it probably doesn't recognize the dual head as a monitor, so the overlay doesn't work.
      Beware of Campin' Carbon

Comment

Hi,

I've retried the same thing with a bt878 (same chip as on the ATI-TV Wonder) tuner. While now I can move the window to the 2nd screen, I cannot get any TV. Anyone succeeded that with any configuration?

Comment

I have the same problem with Hauppauge
          Win TvPCI card too. Its maybe the new Matrox drivers, who knows???

MIKE

Comment

Ok I will try that but do U know why I have
            a black horizontal line going down in the 1st monitor and up in 2:nd when I have both
            monitors in use?

MIKE

Comment

Livius, maybe a very strange (or simple) solution to your "I want to work on the 1st monitor and watch TV on the 2nd."...

Why not swap monitors around?

Watch TV on your first monitor and work on your second. If the second monitor is off to the side somehow, have you ever thought of just putting that monitor in front of you to work on, and the one that's currently in front of you off to the side?

Or am I now <ahum>very stupid?

Jorden.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

The overlay mode of the hauppauge can be switched off to primary surface (or whatever that is called) It's a little tool that gets installed with the rest of the software. I don't know if it works, never tried it. My 2nd monitor is a tv and it is better at displaying tv than my hauppauge :-)

Comment

Unfortunately they are placed in such a way that switching them is impossible.

Comment

UHMMM....

the primary output can not be output to a TV without cloning to a TV.

also, the overlay will not transfer over to the second head since it is seen as another video card and was only designed to work with one.

kinda like if you try and drag your DVD window over, it wont work.. overlays on the primary display ONLY.

Abit BX6 Rev.1
                    Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
                    192 meg RAM, CAS2
                    13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
                    6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
                    HP8110i 4x2x24
                    Pioneer DVD-104
                    SB Live! 1024
                    USB ZIP 100
                    G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
                    Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
                    YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

Working...
                    X