Stupid Question - Please answer soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question - Please answer soon

I found some cool desktop backgrounds, although whenever I set them up, there is "blotchy" colors (the best description I can think of). It happens in the blending of one section to another. Is this just a poor quality picture or do I have my G400 MAX setup wrongly? I'm assuming bad picture quality, right?

Thanks,
    Dimitri

------------------
    MSI K7-PRO (110 version)
    G400 MAX
    196 Megs PC100 RAM
    20 gig Maxtor
    6 gig WD
    DVD-ROM (2nd gen)
    RealMagic Hollywood + DVD decoder
    32X cd-rom
    Crappy sound card (with a GREAT stereo )
    All I need is a FREAKIN processor!!!!! (and another excuse to suck at UT [c'mon people, keep em rolling ])

New Excuse: My shift key get's stuck. That's why I die....
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Maybe a crap monitor?

You could ofcourse try those backgrounds on another PC, if you have that option (work, friends).

Jorden.

------------------
    Who's the new sheriff?
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

No, the monitor's decent. Nice and big (19') with a .22 dot pitch. Should be ok. Could it be the picture res. is meant for 800x600 and I'm running 1600x1200? Ooops, just noticed that....

Dimitri
      I'm sure you already know about the site but check out www.digitalblasphemy.com and you'll see the pictures I'm talking about. Some are really cool!!!

The picture I'm specifically referencing here is called Magic and can be found under user gallery 5. The problem occers in the upper area where the light filters down from. The leaves are fine. Actually, from the webpage, the whole picture is fine, but when I blow it up, then it distorts. Res prob, right?

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 02 March 2000).]
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Yes Dimitri,

I just tried it, and it distorts after 800x600. What you could try is use a photo-editor or Paint Shop Pro to smooth the picture in the resolutions you want to use.

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I'm familiar w/ Digital Blasphemy, and they usually have links for a picture in just about any resolution you can think of. I can't check for you, but just dig around, and I think you'll find a 1600x1200 res.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
          X