Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K & Matrox DVD -- Not Friendly?

Hey all,

Perhaps this is old hat to you but I've looked around on the BB and even asked in #matrox -- no help.

What are we supposed to do about DVD's and Win2K? I can't install the matrox (divicore) dvd player that arrived with my g400 max. It assumes I'm running winNT (which is true, sort of *grin*).

So, do I have to bite the bullet and buy a software DVD decoder? I know the g400 doesn't really do much decoding on it's own but I would still like to enjoy some speedups. Is there some other solution (I know there are cinemaster engines to be had around the net, and the frontend is available somwhere.) Any knowledge about win2K and DVD's -- very appreciated.

TIA,

Idan

To be honest, if I were you, if at all possible, I'd bite the bullet and go for a hardware DVD decoder. For a start, the TV output quality on cards such as Sigma Designs' Ream Magic Hollywood Plus is far better than you can possibly hope for using Matrox's software decoder i.e. No skipped frames, no slowdowns etc. Furthermore a dedicated hardware decoder doesn't tie up your system's CPU like a software decoder. If you hadn't guessed, there are some beta drivers on Sigma Designs' website, they work perfectly for me and many others.
    What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Working...
    X