Haig? 5.52.015 and Marvel G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig? 5.52.015 and Marvel G200

The new drivers include some instructions for updating the Zoran/Matrox DVD. Does this apply to the HARDWARE Module?

The new drivers are not listed for the Marvel G200 OR the DVD Module. Will I screw something up with a try?

If region change is the only reason these drivers aren't supported for my config that problem has been (ahem) "Handled" (Wink wink nudge nudge.)

------------------
    AMD K6III 400 @ 426 On a SOYO SY5EMA M/B. Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, Promise Ultra 66 Controller
    two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner,
    All stuffed into a Mid-tower ATX case with no device slots left!
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

this would unfortunately probably not work with the Marvel since there are no video tools to go with these drivers (or not properly tested at least since they did not post them as compatible)

Comment

Thanks Zwisch:

Always Good and concise info when you post.

Haig, I'd still like to hear something official about my poor little orphan dvd module. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 28 February 2000).]
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Haig:

Despite some 3D problems with these new drivers they may be of some use to us poor ol ss7 users if there is any intention of providing a supported version of VidTools. No, I'm not asking for a release date, just interested in whether you're working on such a thing.

I've reverted to the ol' trusty 4.33(!!!) drivers for the time being, but do you know whether new Vidtools are in development? Check my sig for configuration, and keep up the good work!

------------------
        AMD K6III 400 @ 426 On a SOYO SY5EMA M/B. Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, Promise Ultra 66 Controller
        two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner,
        All stuffed into a Mid-tower ATX case with no device slots left!

Comment

Hi Bixler,

there will be a new set of VT's coming out. It will support PD 5.52.015 and it will be for both the Marvel G200 and Marvel G400 along with all RRG combos.

Haig

Comment

Is there any way to an ETA on these? Simply an order of magnitude will do. That is, circle one of the below:

1. "weeks"
            2. "months"
            3. "years"

Then I can either continue to check daily or start checking at larger intervals.

BTW, is there any reason you can't at least enable the VCR for the latest drivers to watch TV? I understand that the vidcap drivers are more complicated, but TV-in works for the released version of the W2K Marvel drivers. It has obviously been disabled for the later versions. Simply being able to watch TV while I program is a nice little feature.

Thanks,
            jpb

[This message has been edited by jpb (edited 29 February 2000).]

Comment

Ok!!!

Not an unreasonable request on the part of jpb there either.

One last question if you're up for it. It does appear after checking posts from several others that the 3d problem with these drivers is indeed an incompatibility in the code related to ss7/g200 combo's. (Of course I could be wrong) any word on a fix for that?

Comment

jpb - sorry but tech supp won't give out any tentative release dates.

Bixler - We do see this here and are currently working on it. Hopefully, the next release of the PD will have the G200/ss7 fix included.

Haig

Comment

Working...
                X